• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Trying to understand

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Check out these threads . There are many more too.

Reactions: Dr Pixel Plays

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't have a huge following on social media and I don't always remember to post and let those followers know that I have new videos on YouTube. I've seen recently (I think on one of Derral's video) that if someone watches your video via Facebook it may not count as a view on YouTube. I'm sure I could grow quicker if I used other social media to their full potential, but I'm happy to grow slow and steady with viewers subbing to me organically.

Don't forget YouTube wants you to succeed too, and they will put you in front of the best possible viewers/subscribers. Consistent uploading, good thumbnails and titles, and making quality videos is the best way to grow on YouTube. :)

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Trying to understand how to use YouTube to increase my channel without involving other social media sites.
DonΓÇÖt worry man we were all there once, we all have to start somewhere, so here are my doΓÇÖs and donΓÇÖts from my own experience and thoughts:

Do educate yourself on everything you can get your hands on, learn how the algorithm works and when it does wonders for you at certain stages of your journey. Kitchen c/o Ammama has already provided some good reading material.

DonΓÇÖt get caught up in any sub4sub game anywhere, not only is this harmful for your channel, but itΓÇÖs against YouTubes T&Cs, and theyΓÇÖre coming down on it really hard!

Do be patient, building a successful YouTube channel requires the patience of a saint, well maybe not quite that but youΓÇÖll need plenty on tap if you plan on building big.

DonΓÇÖt spam your videos everywhere you go, donΓÇÖt just jump in a group or chat, drop links, tell people to click, then do a runner, youΓÇÖll want to join communities and groups and socialize within them first, let people know what youΓÇÖre about and what you can offer, compliment others and their work whatever it is, donΓÇÖt just be a loner.

Of course make sure your videos donΓÇÖt suck, and create some eye catching thumbnails, and titles, get your channel professional looking.

DonΓÇÖt rush to monetization, and donΓÇÖt worry about the numbers for now, instead just focus on building your channel for now.

Do have fun with your content, have lots of it, because the positive energy is definitely noticeable in the videos, I got complimented on this by a subscriber, they saw I was full of great positivity and giving the viewers a pleasant viewing experience and said it will take my channel to great places, look happy and full of fun and positivity on your videos.

And lastly, donΓÇÖt vent any frustrations around the place when things arenΓÇÖt going to plan, donΓÇÖt go on a blame and rant fest, instead just figure out whatΓÇÖs not working, and make the necessary adjustments or changes, and just donΓÇÖt repeat whatever didnΓÇÖt work well.

Do study your analytics frequently, learn how all that works, and learn how to read it and get the information from it, this is where you can see where people are leaving your videos, how long each viewer stayed on etc, use it to make improvements.

I think IΓÇÖve said enough here, IΓÇÖve missed so much because thereΓÇÖs so much to cover, but no matter what, YouTube is just a fun hobby, so have fun with it :blush:

• Love
Reactions: Uncle Momo

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You don't really need to connect your YouTube channel to social media. YouTube is a search engine, so you can just use good search engine optimisation practices to make your videos searchable.
I wasn't really using social media all that much in the first part of my channel.

Reactions: Uncle Momo

Gary L

I don't have a huge following on social media and I don't always remember to post and let those followers know that I have new videos on YouTube. I've seen recently (I think on one of Derral's video) that if someone watches your video via Facebook it may not count as a view on YouTube. I'm sure I could grow quicker if I used other social media to their full potential, but I'm happy to grow slow and steady with viewers subbing to me organically.

Don't forget YouTube wants you to succeed too, and they will put you in front of the best possible viewers/subscribers. Consistent uploading, good thumbnails and titles, and making quality videos is the best way to grow on YouTube. :)

"if someone watches your video via Facebook it may not count as a view on YouTube". Can anyone confirm if it does or does not count as a YouTube view?