• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Declined monetization

I'm hoping to post this and get some insight. I worked very hard for the last year to gain my subscribers and build my watch time to be able to click that monetize button. I received an email saying that I was denied due to "policy violation". They say violations are listed below, but then there isn't anything listed. How can I fix something when they don't tell me? I have had zero copyright issues, I get all my music from epidemic sound, I don't fit anything on the policy violations list. I really want to speak with someone on how to fix this. I have been fighting this for about a week now. Can anyone help? If I can find the violation, I can fix it! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Is there any appeal button or anything like that?

ernel2020

TubeBuddy User
savemyfuturecharity.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm hoping to post this and get some insight. I worked very hard for the last year to gain my subscribers and build my watch time to be able to click that monetize button. I received an email saying that I was denied due to "policy violation". They say violations are listed below, but then there isn't anything listed. How can I fix something when they don't tell me? I have had zero copyright issues, I get all my music from epidemic sound, I don't fit anything on the policy violations list. I really want to speak with someone on how to fix this. I have been fighting this for about a week now. Can anyone help? If I can find the violation, I can fix it! Thank you!
Hi, If you wanna know the specific issues on why YT disapproved your application for monetization, simply visit to your YT studio and click monetization. There, you can find even their suggestion on what you gonna do to get approval from the YT team. In fact, I've been receiving also the notice for disapproval just recently. However, you can reapply after one month from your first application. lol

OP
OP
W
Is there any appeal button or anything like that?
Sadly, there is not :(

Hi, If you wanna know the specific issues on why YT disapproved your application for monetization, simply visit to your YT studio and click monetization. There, you can find even their suggestion on what you gonna do to get approval from the YT team. In fact, I've been receiving also the notice for disapproval just recently. However, you can reapply after one month from your first application. lol
I wish they you were correct. But, instead they told me " for the reasons below" then never listed any reasons at all. I keep reading this everywhere I click, but sadly, its just not the case. There is no one in call centers right now, no live chats, nothing.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Weird, your content looks really advertiser-friendly and harmless. That's really strange.

You didn't do sub4sub or anything that might have been against YT's ToS?

But I wouldn't freak out. There's no rush to get monetized. You might get like $10-$20 a month at your current size. Just try reaching the YT support team, and reapply after a month. Might just have been a mistake on YT's side.

Reactions: ernel2020

ernel2020

TubeBuddy User
savemyfuturecharity.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, Katie. You better to look back the YT guidelines for monetization. I viewed one of your videos and found too amazing, however, something like you mentioned a certain product from amazon. This is really not acceptable on YT guidelines, so better change the plan. Hope this would help fix your doubts this time.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
YT is goofy about Affiliate links, but that shouldnt be a direct reason to deny monetization. If they are pointing at TOS i would have no clue what the issue is.

Without diving directly into your work behind the scenes it is hard to guess what the issue is; your videos are original, clean and unobtrusive. One flag I see is that you have 48k views. In itself this isn't an issue, but divided over the course of three years it may reflect a lack of watchtime needed to monetize.

When you hit 1k/4k it's not just about reaching those numbers, YT kinda wants you to maintain them. So if you hit 4k but have a huge spike in watchtime from 11 months ago that is about to fall of your last 12 months AND the rest of your work will not sustain 4k then YT will deny you your YPP. And as mentioned earlier there are also flags that get waived for those who practice sub4sub fhat will prevent monetization (not saying thats the issue here, but warrants mention for others reading this).

If you have any specific questions regarding this or your channel and want more of a one-on-one we will be hosting a feedback friday chat on the YouTube Dischord. You are more than welcome to join us!

OP
OP
W
YT is goofy about Affiliate links, but that shouldnt be a direct reason to deny monetization. If they are pointing at TOS i would have no clue what the issue is.

Without diving directly into your work behind the scenes it is hard to guess what the issue is; your videos are original, clean and unobtrusive. One flag I see is that you have 48k views. In itself this isn't an issue, but divided over the course of three years it may reflect a lack of watchtime needed to monetize.

When you hit 1k/4k it's not just about reaching those numbers, YT kinda wants you to maintain them. So if you hit 4k but have a huge spike in watchtime from 11 months ago that is about to fall of your last 12 months AND the rest of your work will not sustain 4k then YT will deny you your YPP. And as mentioned earlier there are also flags that get waived for those who practice sub4sub fhat will prevent monetization (not saying thats the issue here, but warrants mention for others reading this).

If you have any specific questions regarding this or your channel and want more of a one-on-one we will be hosting a feedback friday chat on the YouTube Dischord. You are more than welcome to join us!
Yes, it is all very strange! Although I suppose for one reason or another made a channel back in 2017, but never posted anything until July of 2019 and have been consistently been posted 1 - 2x per week for the last 12 months to actually build a channel. I worked SO hard. All my subs and watch hours are within the last 12 months. I even received an email for youtube congratulating me that I met the guidelines to be come a monetized channel. I am SO lost and just super sad that it has come to this. I need a live person to actually tell me what I need to do.

Weird, your content looks really advertiser-friendly and harmless. That's really strange.

You didn't do sub4sub or anything that might have been against YT's ToS?

But I wouldn't freak out. There's no rush to get monetized. You might get like $10-$20 a month at your current size. Just try reaching the YT support team, and reapply after a month. Might just have been a mistake on YT's side.
No sub for sub ever. I didn't even know that was a thing honestly! I really am lost as to why they wont approve me. They just say I don't meet the program criteria and say they don't respond to inquires regarding the reason why.