• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Research YouTube Channel + website

Gary L

There are cooking channels (and other types of channels as well) where the content creator directs you to their website for the written recipe. Wouldn't it be easier for the viewer if the recipe is in the description instead? Many tech reviewers also have their web links in the description.

How does a website complement/enhance your YT channel?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes . I myself have a cooking Channel and I have my Ingredients and procedure clearly written in the Description.

Another Intention to write both in detail because it will help me when I have my website ( if I have in future ) .
Someone has recommended me to build up my own website.

They told that it will be very useful . I can attach my YouTube Links in it and write the procedure in detail. I can attach few affiliated links wherever required and also have adds on the website .

I donΓÇÖt know who easy is it to maintain a website. I told what I know .

Reactions: Jim's Muis

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
The problem comes in where you are consuming the video. You should always practice "Brand Back".

If I watch cooking shows on a TV, for example, then I won't be getting the description from there. Even more, the description is pretty bland on a YouTube page.

However, if you have a web page set up with directions for recopies in a easy-to-read and follow format, then people will come back. They will bookmark your site on their phones, and maybe even skip YouTube for the daily dish.

Any channel with detailed "How to" videos would probably do better if they took the description off YouTube. Not to say they cannot tease with the first few steps, or what's needed to accomplish this task.

Still, a website is a home base, and will help you build your audiences.

• Love
Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
It's great as a hub/landing page for everything that relates to you and your brand and there's the added bonus of the professionalism that comes with it. It's not too difficult setting up one. There are so many drag and drop website builders out there.

Reactions: Jim's Muis and KOTW

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There are cooking channels (and other types of channels as well) where the content creator directs you to their website for the written recipe. Wouldn't it be easier for the viewer if the recipe is in the description instead? Many tech reviewers also have their web links in the description.

How does a website complement/enhance your YT channel?
generally if a creator directs you to their website, they're hoping you'll see some ads on their website, affiliate links or that you'll sign up to their email list. It's not a bad practice and many niches use their own website to compliment the content they create with blogs on their own site. Blogs can go into more detail than what a description does, but for cooking, I would think the description would be a better place for recipies.

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
They may also have a digital or print cook book they are looking to sell on their website and are hoping if you like their YouTube channel and the recipe enough you may be interested in purchasing their cook book with more recipes as well. Sure you could put the direct link for a digital cook book in your description, but I'm sure there is a better chance people who convert into website visitors will be more likely to purchase from the website.