• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question At what time your Youtube Analytics starts as a new day?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am confused this since long. Everyday at 2:30pm, My Analytics refreshes and yesterdays data appears and it starts as a new day.

Am I missing some settings ? or is it the same with everyone ?

( I am from India )

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
that's interesting. I've never really paid attention to that. For me my day starts at 12 midnight, but I've never specifically looked at my analytics refresh.

Fun fact, I used to play a mobile game that was server based, and their days were based on their local server which was based in America, so the "day" would refresh at 2/3am for some reason.
Very interesting question :)

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama
OP
OP
kitchen c/o ammama

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
that's interesting. I've never really paid attention to that. For me my day starts at 12 midnight, but I've never specifically looked at my analytics refresh.

Fun fact, I used to play a mobile game that was server based, and their days were based on their local server which was based in America, so the "day" would refresh at 2/3am for some reason.
Very interesting question :)

Thank you ... I had this question all the time ...

Your place is GMT + 10 right ? I think it should update around 6pm for you . You can try checking it out .

For me (Germany, GMT+2) my data updates at about 10 am. I always thought it's because YouTube needs time to process the data from yesterday.

ohh !! Now I think itΓÇÖs different for everyone. Interested to know otherΓÇÖs answers too .

By the way , mine is GMT+5:30

KOTW

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Would it depend on on your location setting in YouTube?

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 12.11.19 pm.png

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Would it depend on on your location setting in YouTube?
No, it's the timezone. You can change your loaction on YT, but you still would be in the same time zone physically.

ohh !! Now I think itΓÇÖs different for everyone. Interested to know otherΓÇÖs answers too .

By the way , mine is GMT+5:30
I think it really is just a time zone thing. So if it's 2:30 pm for you, it's probably 11 am for me. I'm going to check my analytics at 11 am today, if I don't forget.

OP
OP
kitchen c/o ammama

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think it really is just a time zone thing. So if it's 2:30 pm for you, it's probably 11 am for me. I'm going to check my analytics at 11 am today, if I don't forget.
Yes. Agree.

I was about to say.. it's already 11:10am , then I realized ... he still has 3:20 hrs .. oops

About to update ! If anyone is there .. check it out .. in 4min

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I am confused this since long. Everyday at 2:30pm, My Analytics refreshes and yesterdays data appears and it starts as a new day.

Am I missing some settings ? or is it the same with everyone ?

( I am from India )

Midnight in PST or PDT depending since YT is based in the US. At least that's what it says in a few support articles I found, but haven't seen recent reports on it.

Reactions: Travel Interesante

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Seems that way for us as well Andrew, when we were still in NYC it updated 3am EST, meaning midnight PST.

As of late it seems like it has been 2am PST as it updates at noon in our current time zone GMT +3.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama