• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Chapter Marker Helper

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Not sure how this would work, but I am thinking Chapter Markers. It adds to search results, and can boost your view times because you're giving out bite-sized information.

Let's brainstorm a tool that can help with those chapter markers so they're easier to create. Also, is there a way to check the descriptions of each chapter to make suggestions? Things like "Don't use acronyms" or abbreviations, text count, and more?

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It's a very great suggestion but for now you can just do it the old school way

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Not sure how this would work, but I am thinking Chapter Markers. It adds to search results, and can boost your view times because you're giving out bite-sized information.

Let's brainstorm a tool that can help with those chapter markers so they're easier to create. Also, is there a way to check the descriptions of each chapter to make suggestions? Things like "Don't use acronyms" or abbreviations, text count, and more?
I don't see what could be added to chapters outside of what YouTube have already implemented. You already get the option to give each chapter names in the description after the 00:00 insert your chapter title here.

Other than maybe an analytics of how many times those chapter markers are actually tapped/watched, but I don't see how Tubebuddy could implement it.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't see what could be added to chapters outside of what YouTube have already implemented. You already get the option to give each chapter names in the description after the 00:00 insert your chapter title here.

Other than maybe an analytics of how many times those chapter markers are actually tapped/watched, but I don't see how Tubebuddy could implement it.

Similar boat, but I don't hate the idea of brain storming. I guess maybe we could come up with something.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Jeffrey Powers

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Similar boat, but I don't hate the idea of brain storming. I guess maybe we could come up with something.
I wish I know what the magic formula could be. Chapter markers are going to get big in the next year - It means one long video instead of multiple short ones.

The most important piece to Chapter markers is crafting each chapter like it's own title. I feel most people won't catch on that.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I wish I know what the magic formula could be. Chapter markers are going to get big in the next year - It means one long video instead of multiple short ones.

The most important piece to Chapter markers is crafting each chapter like it's own title. I feel most people won't catch on that.

True... However that's hard for us to do and arguably you could do research in the keyword explorer for those names too. I think there's something here, just need to keep working.

Perhaps we could look at the retention for you to see when chapters are working or people are going back too.... hmmm