• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Sub4sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary L

A few months back, I had several sub4sub requests which I did not entertain. These were small channels like mine with less than 300 subs. 2 months later, these channels have been monetized with 2K-3k+ subs. And I am still at 200+ subs. I know I should not play this sub4sub game but it's discouraging to be left behind.

Just sharing my thoughts.

Reactions: Jam0168

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
A few months back, I had several sub4sub requests which I did not entertain. These were small channels like mine with less than 300 subs. 2 months later, these channels have been monetized with 2K-3k+ subs. And I am still at 200+ subs. I know I should not play this sub4sub game but it's discouraging to be left behind.

Whatever you do man donΓÇÖt engage in sub4sub, YouTube is cracking down on it hard, and eventually those channels will be demonetized and then thrown to the lions, meanwhile your channel will flourish slowly and nicely, while those channels will be sitting in the lions den wondering what happened.

Reactions: Dr Pixel Plays

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
There's no rush to get monetized. With 1k subs, you would maybe earn a few bucks a month. Why risk your channel getting in trouble with YouTube just so you can get a few bucks?

You need to think about YouTube longterm. Building a channel takes a long time, we should all think about it longterm.

Reactions: Jam0168
OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

Whatever you do man donΓÇÖt engage in sub4sub, YouTube is cracking down on it hard, and eventually those channels will be demonetized and then thrown to the lions, meanwhile your channel will flourish slowly and nicely, while those channels will be sitting in the lions den wondering what happened.
Thanks for the encouragement!

OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

There's no rush to get monetized. With 1k subs, you would maybe earn a few bucks a month. Why risk your channel getting in trouble with YouTube just so you can get a few bucks?

You need to think about YouTube longterm. Building a channel takes a long time, we should all think about it longterm.
Yes, I am thinking long term. Otherwise, I would have done sub4sub already. Thanks for the encouragement!

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Getting the monetization means nothing if you have ghost subscribers. Why have monetization if you never make money from it?

One day, those people are going to wake up to a major dump in their subs....

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

Trust me, you're not getting left behind. you'll be thankful later on that you didn't go down the sub4sub route when your watch time and views seem appropriate to your subscriber count.

I see so many channels in the 4k subscriber range who always complain about not having the views and watch time. Like, they'll have 4k subs, but only a handful of watchtime hours, and they'll complain about not having the watchtime to become monetised, or they'll have 4k subs but their videos struggle to get 40 views which is pretty obvious result of sub4sub.

People don't really explain why sub4sub is bad other than "rules" but beyond rules, sub4sub harms your analytics, which only you see, but it also harms your view to sub ratrio... people sub but don't watch your videos, so your sub to view ratio will always be detrimentally skewed and there'll be no way of fixing that easily.

So you've set yourself on the right path by doing things organically.. play the long game, not the quick results game :)

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I share your frustration and I see it a lot on my channel too, leaving 'please support me' comments on my videos, sometimes in the first few minutes of publication and with 0 views on that video. But I take comfort in knowing they could have 10,000 subs but if no one is watching their videos they won't be making a dime. I am very dubious of any creator that has thousands of subs but their videos are getting less than 100 views.

Status
Not open for further replies.