• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Does it matter what game I play on YouTube?

DJdontpIay

Subscriber Goal
I make videos every week and IΓÇÖm wondering if I can post a video on any game I have because I donΓÇÖt know what to play next week. Could I get some help?

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I make videos every week and IΓÇÖm wondering if I can post a video on any game I have because I donΓÇÖt know what to play next week. Could I get some help?
You always need to consider which niche you want to target. For example, if you make Minecraft or Fortnite videos, you probably should do something much more specific, since there are already SO MANY videos. Consider something like "Minecraft 15.2 (or whatever the latest version is) co-op lets play" or "Fornite no building challenge". I don't know if those would work, but I hope you get the point.

Your content doesn't have to be necessarily something like that, but if do your SEO you should aim for niches within the game you are playing.

And if you make many videos of the same game, YouTube learns that your channel is a lot about that game and gives you a boost in the search results. This is channel authority. Also, if you focus on one game, people who are interested in that content are likely to watch other videos of yours about the game. So you might want to consider focusing on one game. Just take a look at successful gaming YouTubers and you'll see that most started focusing on one game.

But besides that, it doesn't really matter. The thing is with popular games like Minecraft, your only chance to compete is to go with very niche terms, which of course give you not that much traffic, but still more than nothing. If you play less popular games, you can go with less niche keywords for them, but those games also get less traffic overall. So it pretty much balances itself.

Just play some games and see what you like playing the most and what your audience likes.

• Wow
Reactions: DJdontpIay

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're not caring about growth, play whatever you want to play, but if you're only playing games for growth, then it might be important to follow the trends. That said, there's still a market out there for retro gameplay and older games.

Wildlife with LUKE

Thought it does matter what games you play the important thing is how original you are that's what makes you a better YouTuber.

OP
OP
D

DJdontpIay

Subscriber Goal
You always need to consider which niche you want to target. For example, if you make Minecraft or Fortnite videos, you probably should do something much more specific, since there are already SO MANY videos. Consider something like "Minecraft 15.2 (or whatever the latest version is) co-op lets play" or "Fornite no building challenge". I don't know if those would work, but I hope you get the point.

Your content doesn't have to be necessarily something like that, but if do your SEO you should aim for niches within the game you are playing.

And if you make many videos of the same game, YouTube learns that your channel is a lot about that game and gives you a boost in the search results. This is channel authority. Also, if you focus on one game, people who are interested in that content are likely to watch other videos of yours about the game. So you might want to consider focusing on one game. Just take a look at successful gaming YouTubers and you'll see that most started focusing on one game.

But besides that, it doesn't really matter. The thing is with popular games like Minecraft, your only chance to compete is to go with very niche terms, which of course give you not that much traffic, but still more than nothing. If you play less popular games, you can go with less niche keywords for them, but those games also get less traffic overall. So it pretty much balances itself.

Just play some games and see what you like playing the most and what your audience likes.
Thank you so much!!!

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You should try and stick to only one game. At max, You should choose games in the same category for eg. FPS Games