• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Will switching content kills your channel?

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Back in the day i like to mix my contents (e.g. Vlogging, tutorials, unboxing, etc.) I made it to 1k subscribers because of 2d intro design. Then i decided to turn it into a gaming channel and my views drop rapidly. How about yours did it happened the same thing?

Reactions: Xianghoy1994

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If everyone subbed because they want to see 2d intro designs, but you start making gaming content instead, those people won't watch your content.

You also lose channel authority as it takes time for YouTube to understand, that you are making gaming videos now. But looking at your channel, you seem to have established yourself well with your new gaming content.

The thing is, if people watch your videos for the content alone, they are unlikely to stick around if you do different content. That's why you want to make your channel unique, with your commentary, personality, editing, humour, or whatever. Just something that makes people want to stick around. So either you keep your content or your delivery consistent. If you don't plan a channel longterm, nobody wants to stick around longterm.

Reactions: Xianghoy1994

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I agree with @Dr Pixel Plays .

By reading I understand that the earlier Content and present content are different . Even if I were your earlier Subscriber , I would too unsubscribe.

ItΓÇÖs always told you decide your Niche but do what you enjoy . Not just for subscribers . No problem if they are gone . If you continue with your fixed content , you will get your new subscribers.

Just do what you like and stick to it . Niche . Study your uniqueness.

All the best!

RubenVideos

Back in the day i like to mix my contents (e.g. Vlogging, tutorials, unboxing, etc.) I made it to 1k subscribers because of 2d intro design. Then i decided to turn it into a gaming channel and my views drop rapidly. How about yours did it happened the same thing?

umm, i'm not entirely sure, but i've learned that if you wanna succeed (kind of), you need to stick to a certain niche so your viewers know what to expect, or to have an idea of what's next. hope this helps!

(p.s. i do gaming, and sometimes i do vlogs.)

Reactions: Josh Tan

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't change my direction. No wondering having a vlogging/tutorial/unboxing channel that turned into gaming saw your views drop rapidly. If I saw a channel that did vlogging or unboxing, do gaming without any real explination, I'd assume they've been hacked and unsubscribe.

If you want to really change content direction, it's usually better to just start a whole new channel all together, but it also seems to be symptom of sub and view chasing. Doing things hoping to get views has always been pretty "meh" in my mind. If it's what you love, then go for it, but if your passions have changed significantly, just start a new channel.

• Wow
Reactions: Josh Tan