• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Does changing the year to each video improve search ranking?

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Not sure about that, But I've seen many youtubers do it

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
A lttile confused. Why do people change the year to their video? Does it affect viwers in any way or make their video searchable? I will love to know why cos this is new information.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah ... ΓÇ£ whatΓÇÖs in my IPhone 2020ΓÇ¥ will rank more than just ΓÇ£ WhatΓÇÖs in my IPhone ΓÇ£ . I knew this from a YouTuber who tried herself .

but make sure that if you are writing 2020 .. it fits the content .

Yesterday I searched for one topic With 2020 and the top suggested 2020 video did not contain the latest version . I had to quit the video .

This will impact his own audience retention. Making 2020 will rank but the content should also match .

check out these posts - This Question was asked earlier . I just saw .

This is my experience. Would love to hear others view also .

Reactions: Dr Pixel Plays

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
people want updated information. So they will type the year for the most up to date info on what theyre searching for.

Changing the year? Thats a little shady. Especially considering the real date of the video is right in front of the viewer. So while you may get more views changing the date in the title you are going to alienate possible subscribers.

Reactions: JM Artist

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If the year in the title doesn't match the year the video was published I usually avoid the video and that channel since I feel like it's trying to fool me and I don't like that.

Not including of course if a product have a year in its name and it docent match the current year, as an example some times games do that, like FIFA21 will be released in October 20.

Reactions: JM Artist

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
people want updated information. So they will type the year for the most up to date info on what theyre searching for.

Changing the year? Thats a little shady. Especially considering the real date of the video is right in front of the viewer. So while you may get more views changing the date in the title you are going to alienate possible subscribers.
Thanks Stanley for this feedback. I thought as much when I saw the post. I strongly believe that any shady things should be avoided as a content provider. I need my subcribers to trust my brand.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I generally think it's poor form to change the year of something in a description just to try and rank higher, and people WILL notice, and some WILL call you out on that as some see it as deceptive. It can be benifitial sometimes, but if you released a video 2 years ago, it's better to make a new video that's relevant to today, instead of changing the date in the seo of an old video.