• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered same tags on each videos ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

skorn

hi
i got 5 videos , and more to come in the same topic , the classical music (they are my creations)
i made some tags that are really good for one video , but since the others videos are the same , i mean they all are creations of classical music
if i put the same tags for the others videos , will it be a problem for youtube?
or do i have to look for others tags for each video i make?

cheers

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
ok very good to know , i think i'm not going to make a headache outta that , i'll put the same tags for all the vids , that's it
cause in the end it's a lot of work
thanks

You shouldn't do that. Each video is it's own unique thing and can have a few similar tags, but for the best results each video should have it's own specific tags, because each video has it's own unique potential to earn views through search.

Youtube IS hard, but it is also very rewarding. You get what you put into it. We have many videos on TubeBuddy on how YOU can optimize videos, once you do it and get into it's a lot easier IMO.

Here is a video on optimizing:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzoLKuKaO8Q

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If the content is more or less it should not be a problem having Almost same tags .

itΓÇÖs your content . You are not copy pasting from someone else . It should not be a problem to YouTube .

I would like to hear from others too if they have other points .

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It depends. If you get one video to rank high, you probably are better off ranking another video for a different term. I mean, if you've got 3 videos in the top 5 for a term, you already get the majority of the clicks, so try to rank for some other terms.

If your videos don't rank, you probably want to try a different term with less competition anyway.

It can also be desired to have the same tags for your videos to increase the odds of YotTube suggesting your videos under your videos. For example, if you make a series, like a let's play, you probably want to use very similar tags for each episode. If it's your own music, you probably want this. Then I would also put them into a playlist. But you still want to rank your videos somehow, or at least promote them somewhere. If you have all the suggestions on your videos, but nobody watches a single video of yours, it doesn't really help.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You should try and keep the tags a little bit unique, Also add the videos to an official playlist

OP
OP
skorn

skorn

ok thanks ammama
thanks dr pixel too , but i don't think i really understood
you mean when i made the first video with all the tags , then i have to wait if the tags do their job , and then copy and paste the tags if the result is good?
thanks

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
IMO it depends on the traffic available for the search terms. You are going to compete with yourself, but doing so shows dominance for that search term and that reflects your authority on the subject. Thats a good thing. But if there is very little traffic for the search term then what is the value in being the authority on it?

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
ok thanks ammama
thanks dr pixel too , but i don't think i really understood
you mean when i made the first video with all the tags , then i have to wait if the tags do their job , and then copy and paste the tags if the result is good?
thanks
No, it depends. But as Stanley Orchard said, it can be a good strategy to increase your channel authority.

I would also try some new tags. There are only so many clicks you can get from one search term.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
From experience I know that big time YouTubes dont bother to tag from what I was told because they have their base already. Tag is making you searchable on a subject or topic so that you can be seen when someone is searching or looking for that search words. Now if you have the same tag, what that means is that you are only competing with yourself but the big question is what position are you on the ranking? If you are 200 on ranking and your tag is still the same then your ranking based on search will be the same. Try thinking about the audience or subcribers. U are thinking about what they are searching for on the net. I once watched a video by YouTube where is actually add tag that is trending which is linked to her niche. That you are doing a clasical music doesnt mean you can add Marieh Carey as your tag if one of her songs is trending.

OP
OP
skorn

skorn

ok but since i'm nothing compared to those who are famous like you said mariah carey (which is quite nobody nowadays lol)
then i have now only the tags to rank on youtube , tags title and description
and by the way does someone can tell me what's the order to be famous?
the title , description or tags?
i mean which is the first the second and the third in terms of seo on youtube??
thanks y'all

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have a set of tags that are genre specific that are automatically added to all vids. Then I add specific tags for each video. I am in a specialty genre and all vids fit the basic tags well enough.

OP
OP
skorn

skorn

ok very good to know , i think i'm not going to make a headache outta that , i'll put the same tags for all the vids , that's it
thanks

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
thanks
If you really want to get somewhere on YouTube, it's going to be a lot of work. Be prepared. It might be a bit overwhelming when you start out, but once you reach a certain point it becomes easier. Just keep learning and improving.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
thanks

You shouldn't do that. Each video is it's own unique thing and can have a few similar tags, but for the best results each video should have it's own specific tags, because each video has it's own unique potential to earn views through search.

Youtube IS hard, but it is also very rewarding. You get what you put into it. We have many videos on TubeBuddy on how YOU can optimize videos, once you do it and get into it's a lot easier IMO.

Here is a video on optimizing:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzoLKuKaO8Q

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd never have the same exact tags throughout multiple videos. Each video needs its own specific tags. Maybe some more general tags can be shared between both.

Status
Not open for further replies.