• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help View time

Fudd1985

Subscriber Goal
How's everyone doing with there view time iam doing pretty poor just wondering how

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
You mean watch time.

I think I'm not doing bad, but that's probably due to my, in general, 10+ minute long videos and my editing style.

For comparison, my stats are:
43.8 Watch hours
26 Subscribers

If you want to improve your watch time, search the forum for posts. There is already a lot of good advice.

Reactions: Ikerot

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
my average view duration is about 8-12% of my video, so I know I have to focus on that part to improve my videos more, but the overal views I'm getting aren't horrible, and for the amount of subscribers I have, I seem to average double the views of other channels with the same or even double subscriber count as me, so I'm not too stressed over my ratios.

I'm re-thinking how I film things to see if I can provide the save value, in less time, because I don't like watching videos that are over 15 minutes, and my videos tend to go between 30-50 minutes if they're not speed drawings, so I'm going through a self reflective stage to see if I can't change my style a bit to make my videos more punchy and entertaining.

OP
OP
Fudd1985

Fudd1985

Subscriber Goal
You mean watch time.

I think I'm not doing bad, but that's probably due to my, in general, 10+ minute long videos and my editing style.

For comparison, my stats are:
43.8 Watch hours
26 Subscribers

If you want to improve your watch time, search the forum for posts. There is already a lot of good advice.
That's very good keep up the good work

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I'm re-thinking how I film things to see if I can provide the save value, in less time, because I don't like watching videos that are over 15 minutes, and my videos tend to go between 30-50 minutes if they're not speed drawings, so I'm going through a self reflective stage to see if I can't change my style a bit to make my videos more punchy and entertaining.
On the other hand, if your videos are shorter, you could get less total watch time. 8% of 50 minutes is 4 minutes on average. 20% of 15 minutes is 3 minutes. YouTube loves long videos with good retention.

It's all about knowing your audience, I guess. You need to know what your audience really wants from your videos. Do they just want to see someone drawing something in the background, while they are doing something else? Or do they want to see how to do things step by step, like in a tutorial? Or do they want to learn how to get better at drawing and are more interested in the different challenges of drawing certain things, like how to make clouds look fluffy?

Know your audience and what they perceive as valuable. I saw you were using a lot of timestamps in a drawing tutorial, which is great for people who want to learn how to draw.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Are you talking about views or the watch time?