• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Tags not ranking

RealRonTV

TubeBuddy User
Good morning! I've been using TubeBuddy for the last few months and it's been great. I just posted a 2nd video on VA loans and no matter what I do I just can't get any tags to rank. My first VA loan video ranked from the beginning. This one doesn't. When I click on a tag based on either relevance or score that should show top 10, it still won't rank. I just don't get it? Any ideas?

Here is the original video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA_WjrUawfY&t=578s

And here is the new one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_-R4Qlig0&t=33s

I would really appreciate any insight on this.

Thank you!

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
'VA loans' is a very competitive keyword:
Capture2.PNG

With a channel of your size, it's not that easy to rank for these terms. Your other video must have been really good, though.

The thing is, to rank on search terms you need a certain amount of views. Each search term has basically a barrier of entry. For some reason, YT didn't push your new video as well, and now you simply have too few views to rank. Even with the best SEO in the world, you aren't guaranteed to rank, if there is a lot of competition. In such a case you should try targeting a less competitive term. The keyword explorer should help with this. Maybe try something like 'VA loans 2020'?

As a new channel, you should start with less competitive keywords and as you slowly build a sub-base, you have the views to take on bigger keywords. But you managed to rank with your other video, so maybe you have a knack for SEO. Still, you only ranked at #10 or so. The first 3 results get almost all of the clicks, so there isn't that much left for you. If you instead would rank at #1 on a less competitive keyword you can get like 50% of the clicks. You need to figure out what's best for your channel.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I suggest that you humanize your tags and keywords phrases. What are people asking? Exactly how are they asking? In other words people don't type "va loan requirements." They type, "how do i get a va loan" or, "where do i get a va loan" Those are the kinds of things people are asking themselves and searching for. Remember the algorithm is getting more and more human all the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RealRonTV

RealRonTV

TubeBuddy User
'VA loans' is a very competitive keyword:
View attachment 6866
With a channel of your size, it's not that easy to rank for these terms. Your other video must have been really good, though.

The thing is, to rank on search terms you need a certain amount of views. Each search term has basically a barrier of entry. For some reason, YT didn't push your new video as well, and now you simply have too few views to rank. Even with the best SEO in the world, you aren't guaranteed to rank, if there is a lot of competition. In such a case you should try targeting a less competitive term. The keyword explorer should help with this. Maybe try something like 'VA loans 2020'?

As a new channel, you should start with less competitive keywords and as you slowly build a sub-base, you have the views to take on bigger keywords. But you managed to rank with your other video, so maybe you have a knack for SEO. Still, you only ranked at #10 or so. The first 3 results get almost all of the clicks, so there isn't that much left for you. If you instead would rank at #1 on a less competitive keyword you can get like 50% of the clicks. You need to figure out what's best for your channel.
Thank you! OK I just scrubbed the entire keyword list and only put in keywords that ranked in the explorer. Lets see what happens.

chrisrizzo

I suggest that you humanize your tags and keywords phrases. What are people asking? Exactly how are they asking? In other words people don't type "va loan requirements." They type, "how do it get a va loan" or, "where do i get a va loan" Those are the kinds of things people are asking themselves and searching for. More information at https://fitmymoney.com/need-money-now/ about finance. Remember the algorithm is getting more and more human all the time.
I agree with what you wrote. I also noticed this when I researched search queries.

Last edited: