• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Loosing subs since joining Tubebuddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
losing subs is part of YouTube from time to time. You could have just noticed the regular purges that YouTube does from time to time, that's completely normal as they validate real subscribers from potential bots and inactive accounts. That's got nothing to to with TubeBuddy.

You also only have 1 video 3 weeks ago. Is it possible that people who subscribed to your channel during that time think maybe because you only have one video, and haven't uploaded in 3 weeks, that they think you no longer do youtube and have unsubscribed? That happens to me regularly. Upload more frequently and you'll see more subscribers come in.

Yeah Tubebuddy doesnt have anything to do with any of your numbers on YT, and these purges are very common, (particularly for those involved in growth streams and sub4sub). I would think the issue may be more the result of the lack of continuing content on your channel. Ignore the count for now, get a few more videos posted (aim for that first 100) and be wary of anybody offering sub4sub and you'll be fine.

Just remember: most of the time, these are spam accounts that either didn't get their sub back, or got removed from YouTube. They can also be people who do a "Social cleanse" and simply delete their accounts.

It technically doesn't get better, either. I have subscriber change in the hundreds.

These are all correct. TubeBuddy has no control over this. This is an example of correlation not causation. Thread closed.

• Love
Reactions: AlexMagana

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Tubebuddy has nothing to do with subscriber removal that I am aware of. From my experience when subscriber numbers are removed like that it's usually because Youtube regarded those subscribers as spam. People probably just went on your site did not listen to the video and just subscribed is a general reason that could happen.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You can't just blame it on the extension like that, Like dude work on your channel if you are losing subs

Reactions: Uncle Momo

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
losing subs is part of YouTube from time to time. You could have just noticed the regular purges that YouTube does from time to time, that's completely normal as they validate real subscribers from potential bots and inactive accounts. That's got nothing to to with TubeBuddy.

You also only have 1 video 3 weeks ago. Is it possible that people who subscribed to your channel during that time think maybe because you only have one video, and haven't uploaded in 3 weeks, that they think you no longer do youtube and have unsubscribed? That happens to me regularly. Upload more frequently and you'll see more subscribers come in.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah Tubebuddy doesnt have anything to do with any of your numbers on YT, and these purges are very common, (particularly for those involved in growth streams and sub4sub). I would think the issue may be more the result of the lack of continuing content on your channel. Ignore the count for now, get a few more videos posted (aim for that first 100) and be wary of anybody offering sub4sub and you'll be fine.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I lose a bunch of subscribers every month or so and I can lose anywhere between 5 and 25 over a couple of days. Obviously, when you're a new/small creator you notice those drops. About a six months after I started my channel I found the comments tab on my phone app had three options - yes it took me that long - I found a whole load of comments in the 'likely to be spam' tab from people who were sub4subing and when I clicked on their profile they were either deleted or no longer subbed to me. If it's one or two you're losing it's probably natural deselection, if it's a lot then it's highly likely to be from a YouTube sweep and clear out. On the plus side, these people probably weren't watching your video anyway so it's not always a bad thing to wave bye-bye to them.

AlexMagana

Subscriber Goal

you are right my friend

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Just remember: most of the time, these are spam accounts that either didn't get their sub back, or got removed from YouTube. They can also be people who do a "Social cleanse" and simply delete their accounts.

It technically doesn't get better, either. I have subscriber change in the hundreds.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

These are all correct. TubeBuddy has no control over this. This is an example of correlation not causation. Thread closed.

• Love
Reactions: AlexMagana
Status
Not open for further replies.