• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What FEATURES do you use most in an editing software?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've always had a bit of an issue with editing software, where once I get past the basic trim tools, I start to realise how sluggish editing software can be, and it seems other than Davinci Resolve and Premiere Pro, no other tools seem all that natively designed for fast workflow

My favourite features when it comes to video eiting is ripple trim/ripple delete (so you don't have to manually manually move your trim points, select trimmed sections and then delete them.
I also have my setup set so that when the playhead rolls over a section, it automatically selects it, so I can apply effects without having to select first.
I have keyboard shortcuts set for automatic audio and video transitions, so I can apply them with a keystroke instead of selecting points manually.
AND I love navigating my clips by using the up down keys, which take me quickly to the start of a clip, or the end of a clip. I generally have 2-3 hour raw video clips that I trim up into hundreds of sub clips, so navigating via the keyboard saves a lot of time I find.

What are some of the features YOU love in an editing program? what features do you REQUIRE in an editing program?

• Love
Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've always had a bit of an issue with editing software, where once I get past the basic trim tools, I start to realise how sluggish editing software can be, and it seems other than Davinci Resolve and Premiere Pro, no other tools seem all that natively designed for fast workflow

My favourite features when it comes to video eiting is ripple trim/ripple delete (so you don't have to manually manually move your trim points, select trimmed sections and then delete them.
I also have my setup set so that when the playhead rolls over a section, it automatically selects it, so I can apply effects without having to select first.
I have keyboard shortcuts set for automatic audio and video transitions, so I can apply them with a keystroke instead of selecting points manually.
AND I love navigating my clips by using the up down keys, which take me quickly to the start of a clip, or the end of a clip. I generally have 2-3 hour raw video clips that I trim up into hundreds of sub clips, so navigating via the keyboard saves a lot of time I find.

What are some of the features YOU love in an editing program? what features do you REQUIRE in an editing program?

In Premire Pro it's the audio editing, keyframing, color correction, and of course general assembly :D Great question though!

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I've set up keyboard shortcuts for mark in and mark out. Then I ripple delete the section.

I probably should learn faster ways to apply effects to my clips, though. I'm using a lot of drag-drop. The auto-selecting of clips when the playhead is over them sounds useful. What is the feature called? Or are you using Premiere Pro?

I definitely require optimized media. This makes trimming so much easier, especially since I'm usually recording in UHD.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

That's an Interesting Question and Interesting Answer. Can' wait to see this thread go big !!

I have never edited on PC. I Initially Struggled to get right software at the beginning. Everything looked like Greek & Latin. Then I realized I have iPhone !! Got comfortable with iMovie & then Vlog star. I just do cut + trim + sound ... that's it ... Seems like PC is more time saving with keyboard shortcuts ...

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just find a popular and good editing app, It will aldredy have all the features you can think of

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Other than trimming clips, which is done to almost all clips, I would say color correcting and some audio adjustments.

Reactions: Damon

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
The feature I use most in Final Cut Pro X is the Color Board to adjust the Color, Saturation and Exposure of my videos. It helps me darken my surroundings so I can just feature my hands on the piano.