• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Are you on TikTok?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Nope .. not on Tik Tok

Already I am feeling that I am not utilising time to my best .
If this also comes to scene , then it will be too difficult.
So, I put my mind onto Not Interested mode for Tik Tok

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I technically am, I have one video and it was mostly an experiment. The engagement was great, but hearing about some of the controversies, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but "apparently" they are connected to the government and sell your data.... and considering I've been getting overseas spam phone calls after installing it... might be completely unrelated, but the whole element of selling data, and the only data tiktok gets from my installation, is my phone data... it's about the only link I can make really.

Untie it from the owner controversies however and it's a great little platform for quick creation and entertainment.

Victoria Nsafoa

Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm on tiktok :) Tiktok is the first place I had the confidence to post. I knew I wanted to start a YouTube channel but I wanted to see how it was like to be in front of the camera. Tiktok helped me because itΓÇÖs just a small clip... guess it helps with building confidence, well for me it did

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Nope, I've watched a few videos but I don't think it's for me, and with the possible bans coming into place across the world I won't bother learning how to use it any time soon.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm on tiktok :) Tiktok is the first place I had the confidence to post. I knew I wanted to start a YouTube channel but I wanted to see how it was like to be in front of the camera. Tiktok helped me because itΓÇÖs just a small clip... guess it helps with building confidence, well for me it did

That's awesome! I'm glad it was able to do that for you :D

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
TikTok? Not for me. I am not that creative with all their different dance and stunt they do. Left that social media area for my son who is 7 years. He bring the ideas, i join him sometimes for family video where he makes me look stupid but I just feel it is not adding anything to my learning unless I want to make funny videos and dance. Now this is my take though other people may feel different.

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I just use TikTok just for that extra exposure and if the viewers want to hear the full recording of my piano covers, then it can potentially drive traffic to my YouTube channel.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I was. It was fun doing short form vids, out my regular niche. My wife and I did some fun green screen vids. Walked on a board, between two buildings. I did a fun Covid rum & coke (we had a liquor ban). You take a sip of coke and sniff the rum bottle. Silly things.

It was fun but too distracting. I ended up spending more time on TikTok than any other social media. I had more fun, but wasted hours on end.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This might seem strange coming from someone my age (I'm 16) but I've actually never ever been on tiktok. It just doesn't seem like my thing with what I've seen about it.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
No, I am not on Tik Tok but did some research on it recently I discovered It's not only about dancing and fun actually, but there are also some very intelligent and useful pieces of information , tutorials, and conscious thinkers.
They put across their ideas in just 60 secs however I notice that most people have an Instagram account or other platforms .
I did also notice that Tik Tok follower Folk are Tik Tok follower folk, the followers don't tend to transfer to Youtube well -for example, there many examples of people having 1000's of followers but less than 500 subscribers on their youtube channel. It appears to be highly addictive too. You also now have Tik Tokers of various ages.
But it is a beast highly political which is both negative and positive. During the episode of George Floyd, they really spread awareness but have also continued to do so.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I am on, but only because my step daughters wanted me to so they could talk me into doing silly things after I've had a few drinks!

Lost interest after a few weeks tho..

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, nothing new that we didn't already know. I don't use Zoom anymore because of you the Chinese Communist Party shut down all the Zoom accounts of human rights organization that were commemorated the 31 anniversary of the Tiananmen Square student protests. That also showed how the Chinese government is really just using Zoom as part of their intelligence arm.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm gonna have to use zoom because of school. Also when someone says Zoom I either think if the video chat software or the speedster Zoom from Flash

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, nothing new that we didn't already know. I don't use Zoom anymore because of you the Chinese Communist Party shut down all the Zoom accounts of human rights organization that were commemorated the 31 anniversary of the Tiananmen Square student protests. That also showed how the Chinese government is really just using Zoom as part of their intelligence arm.
A quick Wikipedia search says " Zoom Video Communications, Inc. is an American communications technology company headquartered in San Jose, California. " Eric S. Yuan is a Chinese-American billionaire businessman "

So just because the program was started by someone with chinese background, I don't see how that has anything to do with the Chinese Communist Party. They communist party also shut down a lot of YouTube in China so are we going to blame YouTube for that?

I don't see how there's any link towards the chinese government. That's like saying that because the chinese government use Windowss, that you're going to stop using Windows...

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Because the research and development is in China, and he is using Chinese labor. The software was developed in China. The guts of the company are in China. The servers are in China. That's how it's profitable. The problem is that the Chinese government doesn't have the same limitations as here in the west.

A company can be headquartered anywhere. That has nothing to do with the where the grunt work is happening. Quit wiki searches don't tell the whole story.

China doesn't have access to Window's core software code. Neither did they create it, nor do they have the ability to seize Microsoft's assets at any time they want. China does have that ability via Zoom. Without China Zoom is just a shell corporation headquartered in the USA by legal definition only. A company can be headquartered on Mars, but that doesn't mean the company operates on Mars.

Again China doesn't have access to YouTube's software code. And YouTube doesn't need China in order to survive. Without China Zoom is just an American shell corporation by legal definition only. At any time the Chinese government can seize Zooms serves and demand their encryption keys. Although no Zoom fault, there is a vulnerability there than isn't there with YouTube or Windows.

For instance I subscribe to The Epoch Times. It was started by a Chinese person who came to the USA because of the freedom of speech that we have. his printing press is also in China. It has been sabotaged, Chinese reporters have been jailed and some even executed. I read that paper purely because they person understand the freedom of speech in ways that major media in the United States has forgotten.