• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Don't self promote yourself!

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well.. I would like to elaborate this.

If you are in Tubebuddy Community , then yes because it is against the RULES. It will cause in banning your account in the Community.That's why I ask people In their Intro to check out Forum Rules.

If you in your YouTube Platform, then a big NO for Sub 4 Sub. It's definitely OK to Self Promote. People who are Interested would check out else will leave it.

A small Incident - I have few Stupid friends . They are like " Oh ! I like your video" "oh wow" ......and then my Inner feeling " You subscribed !!! wow .. "
I assumed that they have subscribed. One day they were like " I have not checked that video, today it popped up on my homepage " ... I was like " You subscribed right ?" ..
" Oh ! I did not .. you never asked me to " .... wow ... so, I then asked " would you like to be my Subscriber " .. they replied " My absolute pleasure" ... some crazy stuff happen.

Anyway .. glad it's early realization ... All the Best for your journey ahead !

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
yeah to clarify a little there is nothing wrong with promoting your work... in fact that is encouraged. On the forums we simply ask you follow the rules here so we can keep things organized and free of SPAM. As far as your channel is concerned YT also encourages promoting your channel. What is highly discouraged for a variety of reasons is gratuitous sub4sub attempts. This not only is a bad look and one that will leave you with a complete lack of respect by everyone in your community it os also against TOS and can get your channel terminated. Not to mention the negative impact it has on your video performance.

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I made an honest mistake of doing this and if you self promote yourself or ask each other to sub to you or another person your channel can get terminated. So be careful!
In my opinion, I think you can self promote as long as its not a sub for sub. You can ask people to check out your channel, support your channel...
I got most of my subs from self promotion.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I made an honest mistake of doing this and if you self promote yourself or ask each other to sub to you or another person your channel can get terminated. So be careful!
Self-promoting is fine. Just remember that there are rules in certain places (like this forum) and not to spam.

Sub4sub is bad, however, and you shouldn't participate in the act. If you see anyone asking it, just ignore and hide/delete their comment.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In my opinion, I think you can self promote as long as its not a sub for sub. You can ask people to check out your channel, support your channel...
I got most of my subs from self promotion.
I'm a big believe in knowing the rules and culture of the place you are visiting before you go about self promoting. It's a bit rude sometimes I find. It's ok to share your story and experiences, but straight up "check out my channel" can be a bit desperate. Just be an interesting person, and if someone is interested in what you do, they'll come check you out naturally. Otherwise if you promote yourself without reading the rules, naturally that's seen as a bit rude in someone else's house, and they'll warn you for it.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I'm a big believe in knowing the rules and culture of the place you are visiting before you go about self promoting. It's a bit rude sometimes I find. It's ok to share your story and experiences, but straight up "check out my channel" can be a bit desperate. Just be an interesting person, and if someone is interested in what you do, they'll come check you out naturally. Otherwise if you promote yourself without reading the rules, naturally that's seen as a bit rude in someone else's house, and they'll warn you for it.
You took the word off my mouth. Invest in something then you will reap the benefit of that community. I have seen few people from our community commenting on my rants becasue they are curious to have checked me out. We sow to reap, sub to sub doesnt create sustainable followers.

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Of course, I totally agree. You don't just self promote without contributing anything to that platform.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Sub 4 Sub isn't even that helpful + it is against the TOS so avoid that

Reactions: Damon

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have to admit, IΓÇÖm guilty of trying to search for self promoting chances, you know, where can I drop my links and expect everyone to click on it, but I learnt, by doing it, to see what sort of reaction I would get, and yep safe to say it was what IΓÇÖd expect, nothing but crickets, but lucky I got wise early and didnΓÇÖt go down that path, instead I started educating myself on how to get the views and the subscriber numbers, by joining forums like this, and watching stuff thatΓÇÖs aimed at helping us small players get up and running, it took a few months to get to where I am, and I can say IΓÇÖm very satisfied with my progress, especially now that I can upload a new video and watch the views roll in without me having to lift a finger.

In short: self promoting wonΓÇÖt make the numbers shoot up, especially when just starting.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I don't understand why people want to sub4sub anyway. They are not genuine subscribers therefore its unlikely they'll even bother watching your videos. Random people subscribing to one another is not the way to go about things. Good luck guys

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't understand why people want to sub4sub anyway. They are not genuine subscribers therefore its unlikely they'll even bother watching your videos. Random people subscribing to one another is not the way to go about things. Good luck guys
So many creators just want to get the subscribers quickly so they can become monetized and ΓÇ£make millionsΓÇ¥, but so many have failed to educate themselves on what it truly means to be monetized, so many creators treat YouTubing like a get rich quick scheme while trying to dodge all the hard work, thatΓÇÖs one reason.

Reactions: Laurenk

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have to admit, IΓÇÖm guilty of trying to search for self promoting chances, you know, where can I drop my links and expect everyone to click on it, but I learnt, by doing it, to see what sort of reaction I would get, and yep safe to say it was what IΓÇÖd expect, nothing but crickets, but lucky I got wise early and didnΓÇÖt go down that path, instead I started educating myself on how to get the views and the subscriber numbers, by joining forums like this, and watching stuff thatΓÇÖs aimed at helping us small players get up and running, it took a few months to get to where I am, and I can say IΓÇÖm very satisfied with my progress, especially now that I can upload a new video and watch the views roll in without me having to lift a finger.

In short: self promoting wonΓÇÖt make the numbers shoot up, especially when just starting.
Same with me , i actually got wise by joining tubebuddy. i gain my 100th subscriber not too long after. Sub4sub helps no one

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
As others have said sub4sub and self promotion are totally different things. Every time you upload a video, you're promoting yourself. Every time you put a link to your video on Twitter or other places according to their rules, you're self promoting.

Sub4sub is the opposite: The only reason you're contacting that other person is get them to sub to your channel when you aren't really interested in their channel.

The reality is if people were more concerned about producing awesome content than gaining subs and views, sub4sub and other policy-breaking tactics wouldn't exist.

The only way to do this is to create awesome content one video at a time.

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Subscriber Goal
Whenever someone asks me on my Instagram sub4sub, I always tell them No and that's not going to happen. I remind them it's against Youtube's rules.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Sub4sub is the wrong way to go about things. I understand that you need 1,000 subs to be monetised but it's not the best way to up your watch time as sub4sub, they aren't interested in watching your videos, they just want another subscriber to help them get monetised quicker. Definitely not the way to go about things.

Good luck guys. I hope you all reach your goals soon :grinning::heart:

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

FunkyGeckos

To add, even if someone does sub due to Sub4Sub, it's not a genuine sub. They subbed to you because they wanted numbers back, not because they liked your content. They will likely unsub at some point and it's a guarantee they will never watch, like, or comment on your content.

Reactions: Damon