• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Putting out content based on keywords and based on what I want to do

heaven1983

I'm thinking of putting out contents based on keywords that I found I could competitively compete on (btw, I'm just starting out). Also, I'm thinking of putting a content based on a keyword that's highly competitive (e.g., slime... I mean who doesn't like slime, right?).

I'm doing this hoping while I improve my views based on people who are doing a search by keyword that somehow my other video can be suggested/recommended by YouTube.

Is that a good idea or not? Any thought is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If you have something like a channel tag and put the two videos in a playlist, you can increase the odds of YouTube recommending your video to them.

You can also include your video in the end screen or add it to a card.

As long as you make great content, people will find your other content and are likely to watch more of it. So it can be a good strategy. Many channels just did what they loved for more than a year and kept improving their content and suddenly Youtube pushed one of their videos and their channel blew up.

So, I would say, 'go for it'. Especially in the beginning feel free to experiment with what you like and what you think others will like. Just try to figure yourself out and what you want your channel to be.

OP
OP
heaven1983

heaven1983

If you have something like a channel tag and put the two videos in a playlist, you can increase the odds of YouTube recommending your video to them.

You can also include your video in the end screen or add it to a card.

As long as you make great content, people will find your other content and are likely to watch more of it. So it can be a good strategy. Many channels just did what they loved for more than a year and kept improving their content and suddenly Youtube pushed one of their videos and their channel blew up.

So, I would say, 'go for it'. Especially in the beginning feel free to experiment with what you like and what you think others will like. Just try to figure yourself out and what you want your channel to be.

When you say a channel tag and putting the videos together in a playlist, do you recommend a channel tag exclusively for that playlist? For example, if my YT channel is "XYZ Channel" and I make a playlist called 'funny' to group videos together, should I also create a tag like "XYZ Channel - Funny" other than the "XYZ Channel"? Thanks.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
[...]should I also create a tag like "XYZ Channel - Funny" other than the "XYZ Channel"? Thanks.

The point of a channel tag is to refer to your channel. If your playlists make sense the videos in there should share some tags, and if not I would add some. Just one or two for the playlist. In your case that might be 'funny', to help YouTube understand your videos better.

But don't overdo it. If you use too many tags the SEO will suffer by becoming too unfocused.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm thinking of putting out contents based on keywords that I found I could competitively compete on (btw, I'm just starting out). Also, I'm thinking of putting a content based on a keyword that's highly competitive (e.g., slime... I mean who doesn't like slime, right?).

I'm doing this hoping while I improve my views based on people who are doing a search by keyword that somehow my other video can be suggested/recommended by YouTube.

Is that a good idea or not? Any thought is appreciated.

Thanks.
I think you're going about it the wrong way in the long term. I mean, you're going about it the right way if YouTube's new to you and you just want to try it out... but what's your WHY. getting veiws and being famous isn't a why. WHY do you want to do YouTube? When I think slime, I think 2015/2016 and that ship has sailed. I've never been a fan of following trends for the sake of views. If you have a niche like tech, art, music, or whatever, then following trends that relate to those niches are a smart idea, but just doing slime because you hope it's going to get you views is probably going to result in dissapointment for you.

What have you been passionate about all your life, and that you'll be happy to do for years to come, and follow trends in that. BUT if you just want to mess about and want to see what happens, go for it. The worst that will happen is your videos won't perform as well as you'd hoped.

OP
OP
heaven1983

heaven1983

It's my daughter's YT (not mine) and I'm running it. She is 8 years old and likes to do crafts and experiments. The slime one is just an example. But the niche is crafts and experiments.