• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Should I be targeting "Fair" keywords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heaven1983

My daughter's channel is new and I'm working diligently on finding keywords we can use and finding that keyword with "good" overall score (weighted) seems to be challenging.

Is it worth it to go for a "fair" weighted score instead of continuously finding the "good" or "very good" keyword? I'm trying to balance keyword and what my daughter wants to do. I could probably find a very good keyword but she may not like the idea.

I want the YT experience to be fun for her and good as well for traffic.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I would recommend reading this post and watching the embedded video. https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31159/

I found this very helpful. With my last video, I tried targeting a keyword that was actually very good (unweighted), but poor (weighted). You'll need TubeBuddy Pro to see weighted scores. I did not even rank for similar keywords.

So if you are just starting out you really need to focus on a niche. And with your small view count of maybe a few dozen clicks, you have a really hard time ranking for anything too competitive. You won't get many views from a niche, but still more views than you would if you get buried under the competition. As your channel grows you can try to slowly take on more competitive keywords.

The only keywords that I rank for are quite niche and give me virtually no traffic. But I'm still learning. That has just been my experience so far. I hope this could help.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I would recommend reading this post and watching the embedded video. https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31159/

I found this very helpful. With my last video, I tried targeting a keyword that was actually very good (unweighted), but poor (weighted). You'll need TubeBuddy Pro to see weighted scores. I did not even rank for similar keywords.

So if you are just starting out you really need to focus on a niche. And with your small view count of maybe a few dozen clicks, you have a really hard time ranking for anything too competitive. You won't get many views from a niche, but still more views than you would if you get buried under the competition. As your channel grows you can try to slowly take on more competitive keywords.

The only keywords that I rank for are quite niche and give me virtually no traffic. But I'm still learning. That has just been my experience so far. I hope this could help.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Great advice!

On the part of niche keywords. It's due to lack of uploads, and the more you upload on a game/ topic the more authority you gain, and the more freedom you have to move around that subject!

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It depends on keyword to keyword if you told me the keyword then I'd be able to help

Status
Not open for further replies.