• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What's the best day to upload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I want to settle down on a schedule for my channel to make it easier for my subscribers and myself. Keeping up a consistent schedule also makes people subscribe since they know there is something to come.

Realistically, I can upload once a week. I don't think it matters much, but I'm curious if the day you upload makes a difference. Many people upload during the weekdays but during the week you've usually got stuff to do. But then on the weekend, when you've got time, many of the channels I'm subscribed to don't upload. So uploading on Sunday sounds like the ideal day?

What are your thoughts on this? Does your subscription feed look a bit more empty on Sundays as well?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Not everybody has the same subscription list as you, so there might be some other channel that uploads on Sunday as well. This depends on your audience. So check your real-time analytics and see at what hour your views peak.

You can also create a time slot for your audience to look forward to, so if you tell them you upload on Weds at 2 PM, they'll know when you expect your video.

YouTube now has a great feature that tells when your viewers are active on YT :)
1595890583157.png

Does your subscription feed look a bit more empty on Sundays as well?
I have some channels that post daily so not really xD

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Not everybody has the same subscription list as you, so there might be some other channel that uploads on Sunday as well. This depends on your audience. So check your real-time analytics and see at what hour your views peak.

You can also create a time slot for your audience to look forward to, so if you tell them you upload on Weds at 2 PM, they'll know when you expect your video.

YouTube now has a great feature that tells when your viewers are active on YT :)
View attachment 6801

I have some channels that post daily so not really xD
That feature is fantastic. It's kind of confirmed what I already suspected in my own channel. I live in Australia, and my main audience in American, so if I publish in the middle of the day for me, it's nearing night time for Americans, so for the next 6-12 hours a lot of my audience will be inactive, meaning I waste 6-12 hours of potential views for the out of the gate launching.
If I publish at 10pm my time, that works out to be around 5am American time, and it's also lunch time for other regions, so it covers quite a lot of time slots where people are either waking up, or already awake, so that first 6-12 hours has better potential to be seen.

In Ike's example, their audience is most active between 5am and midday (probably covering international regions as well, thus the really early hours) so in that reguards, I'd publish on monday at 4am. and seems there's more activity on friday saturday and monday, I'd aim for a friday morning release (or a saturday and monday release)

which kind of confirms your suspicions already, a lot of activity on the weekends (not as much on sunday though, as people spend time with their families etc on sundays)

Roopali Bajaj

TubeBuddy Pro
I want to settle down on a schedule for my channel to make it easier for my subscribers and myself. Keeping up a consistent schedule also makes people subscribe since they know there is something to come.

Yes, You just need to make a schedule. Once you will consistent, you will get audience on your decided day. Because, your viewers will wait for your video.

As per my experience, you can also check top 10 video analytics comparison. It will help you to make a perfect schedule for your channel.

1595890583157.png
Is this from Google Analytics or YouTube Analytics?

OP
OP
Dr Pixel Plays

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Thanks for all the answers!

Sadly my channel doesn't have enough data to show me when my audience is online but considering my size, that data wouldn't be accurate anyway.

Doesn't come off as much of surprise that people aren't that active on Sundays. Else more people would upload on Sundays, I guess.

So I'll try to target the best time for a US audience since most of my views come from the US and it's probably where most of my future audience will be.
After I googled when your viewers are on YouTube to see other channels data, I came to the conclusion that around 6 pm (GMT + 2) is the best time to upload, for an Eglish, largely US, audience.

Sundays actually seem to perform better on some channels, but as @Ikerot showed it does differ from channel to channel. So I'll just pick what's the most comfortable for me, and once I have data I'll see if there's any difference that would justify a change in my schedule.
I think I'm going with Friday since it gives me lots of time to edit videos I've recorded on the weekend, and I can be sure that I always have time in the afternoon to upload the video and promote it.

Thanks for all your help!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If you dont have the data necessary to populate your audience graph dont sweat it... YT gives videos at least 7 days of breathing room when trying to determine its audience. Post when you thinks its best, you can always update your content schedule in the future. You wont be hurting anything if your publication timing isn't 1000% efficient.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Sundays actually seem to perform better on some channels, but as @Ikerot showed it does differ from channel to channel. So I'll just pick what's the most comfortable for me, and once I have data I'll see if there's any difference that would justify a change in my schedule.
I think I'm going with Friday since it gives me lots of time to edit videos I've recorded on the weekend, and I can be sure that I always have time in the afternoon to upload the video and promote it.

This is the best thing you can do when starting. Let your audience know this is when you plan to publish, so that when you do have enough data you can make more informed decisions. Since's Ike's answer is the most correct and you have a plan. Thread answered and closed!

Reactions: Dr Pixel Plays
Status
Not open for further replies.