• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion YouTube Playlist

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
That would be great! But it should be quite similar to ranking videos, I guess.

You need a keyword to rank for, a compelling title, write a description with keywords, and choose a good playlist thumbnail.

But I guess the YouTube tools aren't quite built for this. You don't get analytics for your playlists, and it's usually hard to rank with playlists. TubeBuddy would have to add a lot of stuff, but it would definitely be cool.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The playlist feature for YouTube is supposedly still in the works as it's based on studio classic, so there won't be any work done to it until it's all over to new studio. But if new studio works better with playlists (the current method is already lacking on classic, I'd love to see some tolls for playlists as well.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
That would be great! But it should be quite similar to ranking videos, I guess.

You need a keyword to rank for, a compelling title, write a description with keywords, and choose a good playlist thumbnail.

But I guess the YouTube tools aren't quite built for this. You don't get analytics for your playlists, and it's usually hard to rank with playlists. TubeBuddy would have to add a lot of stuff, but it would definitely be cool.

Actually no quite the opposite the same SEO principals apply to playlist that they do for videos. Find a keyword you can perform well in. Make it searchable and compelling. Use the playlist description and include the target keyword organically. The "tags" are the videos you have in it themselves, and that's going to help you rank based on the strength of them, so this actually works well with our Keyword explorer. It's up to the creator as always to implement them the most accurate way with their playlist, but they do support the playlist structure already :)

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Actually no quite the opposite the same SEO principals apply to playlist that they do for videos. Find a keyword you can perform well in. Make it searchable and compelling. Use the playlist description and include the target keyword organically. The "tags" are the videos you have in it themselves, and that's going to help you rank based on the strength of them, so this actually works well with our Keyword explorer. It's up to the creator as always to implement them the most accurate way with their playlist, but they do support the playlist structure already :)
That's what I meant. Doing the SEO for playlists is quite similar to doing SEO for videos.

(The only problem I see is that you don't get analytics or data for your playlists. I can hardly see how well a playlist is performing.)

Well, now that I searched for it, there are analytics, but you need to click on traffic sources and then again on playlists. But you don't have all the analytics you have for videos.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
That's what I meant. Doing the SEO for playlists is quite similar to doing SEO for videos.

(The only problem I see is that you don't get analytics or data for your playlists. I can hardly see how well a playlist is performing.)

Well, now that I searched for it, there are analytics, but you need to click on traffic sources and then again on playlists. But you don't have all the analytics you have for videos.

Sadly that's something I know is for what is called a "Series Playlist" but that's very limited, and only to some channels so it DOES exist, but not widely.