• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review How to get more views on my videos? Is it normal to see my videos have a little less views than my subs? How can I improve my videos?

01FrozenFuze

User name: 01FrozenFuze
Title of thread: How to get more views on my videos? Is it normal to see my videos have a little less views than my subs? How can I improve my videos?
Self review: I have been working non stop at making videos everyday and trying to keep the quality of my videos. I have reached 51 subs now which is an amazing achievement for me but now when I look at my videos view count it is really low compared to the number of subs I have. Is this normal because I am getting around 10-25 views per video but I don't know if that is a good thing compared to the number of subs I have. How could I improve my videos to get more views and potentially more subs. Any advice would be heavily appreciate it! (^_^)
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/yWralmiZe1o

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31297/

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
First of all, it's normal to get fewer views than subs. Especially gaming channels have this problem. But if you compare views from the first part of a new LP to later parts, you can see that there is an audience, but many people are waiting for the right game. So it's important to mobilize your existing audience through interesting thumbnails and titles.

So now to your video:

I found your editing okay, but you can do much more. You used cuts, zooms, and sound effects here and there. If you look at my videos they are filled to the brim with these effects. That's one extreme you can try. This all has to do with making your videos engaging. I found your videos too long. You can cut out a lot more of the boring stuff, and just show the best of the best. This makes your video more entertaining since you are putting the same amount of entertainment in less time. If you have very entertaining stuff, more of your subs will tune in too.

But you don't have to cut that much. Commentary can make a big difference. I'm not the best at commentary, that's why I tend to cut quite a lot, so I can focus more on what I want to say. I felt your commentary is kinda generic. It's not a bad thing, but gaming is highly competitive, so you need something to stand out. Many successful gaming channels have a lot of energy in their commentary.
Just try to increase the entertainment value of your videos. You can do this via editing, commentary, or whatever. You could for example add some fitting music (I always record only the game sound and use custom music for my vids). Music can help a lot with the atmosphere.

And maybe you want to use a better mic? Yours is not bad, and you don't really have to upgrade. I just feel you can do a bit more here. Maybe you can add some audio effects? Do you have compression and an EQ? A pleasant-sounding voice makes your videos more entertaining.

Looking at your tags, they seem to be all over the place. You usually want to focus on your keyword and related keywords. You also don't need more than a few channel tags. Using too many tags makes each tag less relevant. Try to rank for one search term and related search terms only. As a small channel that's hard enough.

Your thumbnails look okay, but there might be some potential here. Good thumbnails increase CTR and therefore you get more views, also from your subs. You want your videos to stand out in their subscription feed.

I hope this helps!

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Your second question -Yes, I think that your views will always be less than the number of your subscribers and you may even find out that most of your views are not even from your subscribers actually.

OP
OP
01FrozenFuze

01FrozenFuze

First of all, it's normal to get fewer views than subs. Especially gaming channels have this problem. But if you compare views from the first part of a new LP to later parts, you can see that there is an audience, but many people are waiting for the right game. So it's important to mobilize your existing audience through interesting thumbnails and titles.

So now to your video:

I found your editing okay, but you can do much more. You used cuts, zooms, and sound effects here and there. If you look at my videos they are filled to the brim with these effects. That's one extreme you can try. This all has to do with making your videos engaging. I found your videos too long. You can cut out a lot more of the boring stuff, and just show the best of the best. This makes your video more entertaining since you are putting the same amount of entertainment in less time. If you have very entertaining stuff, more of your subs will tune in too.

But you don't have to cut that much. Commentary can make a big difference. I'm not the best at commentary, that's why I tend to cut quite a lot, so I can focus more on what I want to say. I felt your commentary is kinda generic. It's not a bad thing, but gaming is highly competitive, so you need something to stand out. Many successful gaming channels have a lot of energy in their commentary.
Just try to increase the entertainment value of your videos. You can do this via editing, commentary, or whatever. You could for example add some fitting music (I always record only the game sound and use custom music for my vids). Music can help a lot with the atmosphere.

And maybe you want to use a better mic? Yours is not bad, and you don't really have to upgrade. I just feel you can do a bit more here. Maybe you can add some audio effects? Do you have compression and an EQ? A pleasant-sounding voice makes your videos more entertaining.

Looking at your tags, they seem to be all over the place. You usually want to focus on your keyword and related keywords. You also don't need more than a few channel tags. Using too many tags makes each tag less relevant. Try to rank for one search term and related search terms only. As a small channel that's hard enough.

Your thumbnails look okay, but there might be some potential here. Good thumbnails increase CTR and therefore you get more views, also from your subs. You want your videos to stand out in their subscription feed.

I hope this helps!

All underlined is notes that I have taken to understand what I can improve in.

Thanks So much for the thorough detail of my video! I really do appreciate it! I will make sure to do try some more sound effects to make it more engaging and also add more interesting parts in my videos. I will also try to make my videos commentary have more energy which may take some time but I will keep trying. To answer your question about "Do you have compression and an EQ?" No I dont have an EQ or compression at this point I just recently bought a dynamic mic but now need to buy the audio interface to set the audio to be better without a hissing in the background of my mic.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I appreciate that you appreciate my feedback:)

A tip for commentary is to act a bit. It's not really acting in the sense that you pretend to be someone else. I view myself as an entertainer and that's the mindset you should approach your videos with. It's like taking on the role of an entertainer. Sure that takes practice, it's a skill to entertain people. I'm sure you can find inspiration in stand-up comedy, acting, and performances if you want to master this skill.

Google some tutorials for the audio stuff. I would recommend testing some EQ presets and sticking to what you like best. Compression is a bit more difficult to set up, but it makes your voice much more balanced by making the loud quieter and the quiet louder. Compression makes a huge difference.

I hate audio equipment, it's so complicated and annoying to set up, even in software. At least you only need to get it once right.

OP
OP
01FrozenFuze

01FrozenFuze

I appreciate that you appreciate my feedback:)

A tip for commentary is to act a bit. It's not really acting in the sense that you pretend to be someone else. I view myself as an entertainer and that's the mindset you should approach your videos with. It's like taking on the role of an entertainer. Sure that takes practice, it's a skill to entertain people. I'm sure you can find inspiration in stand-up comedy, acting, and performances if you want to master this skill.

Google some tutorials for the audio stuff. I would recommend testing some EQ presets and sticking to what you like best. Compression is a bit more difficult to set up, but it makes your voice much more balanced by making the loud quieter and the quiet louder. Compression makes a huge difference.

I hate audio equipment, it's so complicated and annoying to set up, even in software. At least you only need to get it once right.

Thanks for the reply I really do appreciate it! I have bought me a new mic which is a rodepod mic but now I am waiting for my audio interface to come in. I was using my Razer Kraken V2 mic in most of my videos. I hope that the equipment that I have just bought will workout properly because dynamic mics are known for having a lot of gain. I am going to try to act more as an entertainer for now on and hopefully with enough practice I will be able to succeed. Thanks for the advice I truly do appreciate it.

Reactions: Dr Pixel Plays

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube is a search engine first not a social media network like Instagram or Facebook so the majority of your views might never even come from your subs but from search and people don't always tend to turn on notifications when they subscribe so make sure you're giving them a gentle reminder to turn on the bell icon to improve views from your own subscribers but always optimize for the search engine, not your subscribers. They're on other social media platforms and don't check on Youtube unless notified.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: 01FrozenFuze
OP
OP
01FrozenFuze

01FrozenFuze

YouTube is a search engine first not a social media network like Instagram or Facebook so the majority of your views might never even come from your subs but from search and people don't always tend to turn on notifications when they subscribe so make sure you're giving them a gentle reminder to turn on the bell icon to improve views from your own subscribers but always optimize for the search engine, not your subscribers. They're on other social media platforms and don't check on Youtube unless notified.

Hope that helps :)
That makes sense why a lot of most YouTubers remind their subs to put the post noti. Thanks for the info! I really do appreciate it!

Just look at pewdiepie, He gets less views than his subs dosen't mean his videos are doing bad
I have just checked his view count and it looks like he does not get the same amount of views like his subs. I did not know that. Thanks for a really good example!

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
W
User name: 01FrozenFuze
Title of thread: How to get more views on my videos? Is it normal to see my videos have a little less views than my subs? How can I improve my videos?
Self review: I have been working non stop at making videos everyday and trying to keep the quality of my videos. I have reached 51 subs now which is an amazing achievement for me but now when I look at my videos view count it is really low compared to the number of subs I have. Is this normal because I am getting around 10-25 views per video but I don't know if that is a good thing compared to the number of subs I have. How could I improve my videos to get more views and potentially more subs. Any advice would be heavily appreciate it! (^_^)
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/yWralmiZe1o

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31297/
what a lot of new starters forget to do is just post their videos everywhere , forums, social media, no one will find your video from YouTube yet unless youre lucky , find people with similar interests and post it there

OP
OP
01FrozenFuze

01FrozenFuze

W

what a lot of new starters forget to do is just post their videos everywhere , forums, social media, no one will find your video from YouTube yet unless youre lucky , find people with similar interests and post it there

I have been posting it on some places like in gamejolt forums and ich.io forums. 22 people would follow me on gamejolt and most of them are not even subbed to my channel. Do you have any other places that I can post my videos to. I would really appreciate some places!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Is 20 views all you are looking for? Because if you want thousands of views it is better to learn search engine optimization. Learn to make great videos and killer thumbnails. Learn how to research keywords (that's kinda Tubebuddy's bread and butter).

YouTube is a search engine, they specialize in putting videos in front of people better than anybody ever. Master these skills and you will completely blow out of the water anything you could ever hope for from forums or social media.

Reactions: JourneyVerse

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have been posting it on some places like in gamejolt forums and ich.io forums. 22 people would follow me on gamejolt and most of them are not even subbed to my channel. Do you have any other places that I can post my videos to. I would really appreciate some places!
IΓÇÖm still learning these places myself, I have been doing yttalk , this website and Facebook , what sites have you used ?