• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Spammed with Subscribers and want to remove them

ReachRishi

Subscriber Goal
Have reached out to Youtube, but on one particular day I had almost 1000 subs added to my channel and I dont know how or why ! I am a small channel with about 1000 Subs and doubling of subs like this is a shocker on one day. I thought I hit some jackpot with some video , however over a period I noticed that I am adding about 10 + subs a day and this is an anamoly. Since I am not on the monetization plan, had to use the Youtube feedback option to send them this data and request for some clarity.. Any idea on what can be done to get more clarity other than using the YT Feedback button..

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Where have the new subscribers come from (UK, USA etc)? Have a look at your analytics and see if there is one video bringing in a lot of subs or are they from an external link/source. Are your views going up proportionately too or is it just subscribers? Is there any chance that a well-meaning friend or relative could have brought you the subscribers?

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you have a video that blew up or anything? Your best bet would be to hide subscribers by going to YouTube settings and unclicking ΓÇ£show subscriber countΓÇ¥.

OP
OP
R

ReachRishi

Subscriber Goal
Where have the new subscribers come from (UK, USA etc)? Have a look at your analytics and see if there is one video bringing in a lot of subs or are they from an external link/source. Are your views going up proportionately too or is it just subscribers? Is there any chance that a well-meaning friend or relative could have brought you the subscribers?
Its surely someone who has tried to do good, but done bad :I dont want passive numbers in my growing channel and just to make sure it doesnt look funny, I am forced to hide my subs.. cant just have 1000 subs added a day when my base was 1200 ! :)

OP
OP
R

ReachRishi

Subscriber Goal
Did you have a video that blew up or anything? Your best bet would be to hide subscribers by going to YouTube settings and unclicking ΓÇ£show subscriber countΓÇ¥.
Nope.. My videos are growing at a steady pace and thats good.. Someone has tried to do good, but ended up forcing me to hide the subs, which is exactly what I did 1!

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Would something bad happen if someonw just gets 1000subs suddenly?

OP
OP
R

ReachRishi

Subscriber Goal
Would something bad happen if someonw just gets 1000subs suddenly?
Nothing bad would happen, however it looks as if I bought the subs and the existing subs look at the channel with some suspicion.. Also views to subs ratio would really be bad, when in actual fact its amazing.. Its more of "Can it be avoided" rather than "OMG There is a problem" :)

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Nothing bad would happen, however it looks as if I bought the subs and the existing subs look at the channel with some suspicion.. Also views to subs ratio would really be bad, when in actual fact its amazing.. Its more of "Can it be avoided" rather than "OMG There is a problem" :)
Are the subs still there? If so you are very lucky

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Its surely someone who has tried to do good, but done bad :I dont want passive numbers in my growing channel and just to make sure it doesnt look funny, I am forced to hide my subs.. cant just have 1000 subs added a day when my base was 1200 ! :)
If they are purchased subs, I believe YouTube will eventually go through and remove them as they clear bots and fake accounts. I know this won't help you now, but one day - as long as they do keep buying them - the fake subs will disappear and you should have a better sub/view ratio. :)

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Have reached out to Youtube, but on one particular day I had almost 1000 subs added to my channel and I dont know how or why ! I am a small channel with about 1000 Subs and doubling of subs like this is a shocker on one day. I thought I hit some jackpot with some video , however over a period I noticed that I am adding about 10 + subs a day and this is an anamoly. Since I am not on the monetization plan, had to use the Youtube feedback option to send them this data and request for some clarity.. Any idea on what can be done to get more clarity other than using the YT Feedback button..

Hi, I did a video once that gave me 700 subcribers in a day. Apparently the person I spoke about was a popular christain musician 'Sinach' and I calling out people who were trolling her so many of her fans sub my channel. Check your video to know which video gave you the sub. Is there something about the topic? Was there more views. When I started my facebook group, I had 1,000 sub within a week but they were all people that started following me on facebook. For someone to spam you with 1000 sub, that person must have stayed all day doing nothing, opening different account or must have joined a professional sub to sub group. Think about it, sometimes God brings miracle our way which is unexplanable.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I did a video once that gave me 700 subcribers in a day. Apparently the person I spoke about was a popular christain musician 'Sinach' and I calling out people who were trolling her so many of her fans sub my channel. Check your video to know which video gave you the sub. Is there something about the topic? Was there more views. When I started my facebook group, I had 1,000 sub within a week but they were all people that started following me on facebook. For someone to spam you with 1000 sub, that person must have stayed all day doing nothing, opening different account or must have joined a professional sub to sub group. Think about it, sometimes God brings miracle our way which is unexplanable.
They could have just brought him 1000 subs for around $30, it's not that much to spend if they thought they were helping. You can buy 100 subs for the price of a cup of coffee.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
They could have just brought him 1000 subs for around $30, it's not that much to spend if they thought they were helping. You can buy 100 subs for the price of a cup of coffee.
Seriously, don't know people buy sub. I mean what do they have to gain. Just letting her know that sometimes a trending video can bring sub as mine were actually people who are active on YouTube and the topic was personal to them.