• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Google Ads To Promoto Video

tri haryanto

Subscriber Goal
Hi All,

I am still confused regarding Youtube video promotion with Google Ads. Some said it's good to get subscribers but not for watch time. Extremely, somebody said that watch time will not be counted. Else said that it's good for a channel that has been monetized to get more revenue. My questions: 1. Is it legal or against Youtube rule if we promote the video by Google Ads? 2. Is it worthed to grow the channel by using Google Ads? 3. Is it still profitable to use google ads for monetized channels to get more revenue/profit?

Rohithsamuel

Subscriber Goal
Yeah bro Thats Completely Good but watch time form google ads wont count !!! and its helpful in gaining subscribers but you have to spend more to get more spending low cpv's can give you views but not subscribers the cpv have to be in a good amount for example if u are in india the good cpv amount is from (0.15-0.30p)
if you need any help msg be bro

Reactions: tri haryanto

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi All,

I am still confused regarding Youtube video promotion with Google Ads. Some said it's good to get subscribers but not for watch time. Extremely, somebody said that watch time will not be counted. Else said that it's good for a channel that has been monetized to get more revenue. My questions: 1. Is it legal or against Youtube rule if we promote the video by Google Ads? 2. Is it worthed to grow the channel by using Google Ads? 3. Is it still profitable to use google ads for monetized channels to get more revenue/profit?

View: https://youtu.be/RBnV5W4U2nY?t=2614

This explains your question very well.

1, it is legal.
2) Organic views are always better long term than paid.
3) If you're selling a product or service sure, if not, not really.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I wanna make sure I understand the question. You're asking if promoting one of your videos through Google Ads to get attention is a good idea. If this is your question I'll share a story with you.

When I joined TubeBuddy I met a member who did just that. He used Google Ads to promote his channel. He decided to air his ad on Pewdie Pie's channel. His channel went from about 300 subs to almost 900 in less than a week. He was so excited to see his channel grow. But then he got frustrated. He was frustrated because his growth got stuck at 861. Months passed and he was not gaining any new subs. On top of that, his view count did not grow with his subs. He was barely hitting above 30 views and was barely getting those viewers to stay more than a few minutes. In essence, he got close to the 1000 sub count he wanted to get YouTube Partner Program access but he didn't take into account a lot of these viewers were not his audience. They subbed simply because they saw the ad but they didn't watch his videos and once the ad was no longer airing his subs count stopped growing. His growth was not natural and he learned the hard way how not to grow a channel. He placed more importance on the sub count and not the quality of his content thus he was not getting the views he also needed to reach YouTube Partner Program access.

I felt bad for the guy. He was a nice guy but his ad brought the wrong kind of audience to his channel and his channel analytics suffered the consequences of this mistake.

OP
OP
tri haryanto

tri haryanto

Subscriber Goal
View: https://youtu.be/RBnV5W4U2nY?t=2614

This explains your question very well.

1, it is legal.
2) Organic views are always better long term than paid.
3) If you're selling a product or service sure, if not, not really.
Many thanks for cool answer :)

Yeah bro Thats Completely Good but watch time form google ads wont count !!! and its helpful in gaining subscribers but you have to spend more to get more spending low cpv's can give you views but not subscribers the cpv have to be in a good amount for example if u are in india the good cpv amount is from (0.15-0.30p)
if you need any help msg be bro
Thanks Bro for good info :)

VenGame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Welp obviously since you are on the tubebuddy forum

take a look at this from a financial standpoint

If you get ads and everything it will cost a lot to see any actual results and also you cant be 100% sure that they will be liking the content that you make

So you should actually just invest in tubebuddy or some SEO rank thing but i suggest tubebuddy because its cheaper and also the viewers that come to your video actually searched it up meaning they have a higher chance of being a subscriber.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Google ads is not a great way to promote your videos, Instead you should invest time in SEO. You will just gain views from the ads not subscribers or activity.

The Mantis Man

TubeBuddy helped me with all the things i needed to help me get my videos all sorted for better rankings, such a great price as well.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I actually used Google ads a couple of months ago. I had watched a video on youtube explaining how you could get more subscribers There was also a special offer on as well. It was not useful at all, however for sales it may be worth it, I learn every day and would not do necessarily the same today possibly. The good thing was I realised early on that it was not worth the effort, I did not even bother to claim the free credit. I don't think I gained any subscribers either. You live and learn and my subscribers have grown more organically.

stytchz

Subscriber Goal
It can be good when you get the ads to the right audience but if you dont then its not gonna go well..
i used google ads some time ago and didnt really go well, then i tried sprizzy, well i did gain some subscribers but thats abit expensive than google ads. The best i think is Growing organically by optimizing your videos well with right tags and keywords and trust me you'll see some subscribers coming to you.

OP
OP
tri haryanto

tri haryanto

Subscriber Goal
Welp obviously since you are on the tubebuddy forum

take a look at this from a financial standpoint

If you get ads and everything it will cost a lot to see any actual results and also you cant be 100% sure that they will be liking the content that you make

So you should actually just invest in tubebuddy or some SEO rank thing but i suggest tubebuddy because its cheaper and also the viewers that come to your video actually searched it up meaning they have a higher chance of being a subscriber.
Many Thanks

Google ads is not a great way to promote your videos, Instead you should invest time in SEO. You will just gain views from the ads not subscribers or activity.
Many thanks...

TubeBuddy helped me with all the things i needed to help me get my videos all sorted for better rankings, such a great price as well.
Thanks

I think understanding SEO is number 1. It's tougher but better.
Thanks...

I actually used Google ads a couple of months ago. I had watched a video on youtube explaining how you could get more subscribers There was also a special offer on as well. It was not useful at all, however for sales it may be worth it, I learn every day and would not do necessarily the same today possibly. The good thing was I realised early on that it was not worth the effort, I did not even bother to claim the free credit. I don't think I gained any subscribers either. You live and learn and my subscribers have grown more organically.
Thanks..

Thanks for sharing the experience...

It can be good when you get the ads to the right audience but if you dont then its not gonna go well..
i used google ads some time ago and didnt really go well, then i tried sprizzy, well i did gain some subscribers but thats abit expensive than google ads. The best i think is Growing organically by optimizing your videos well with right tags and keywords and trust me you'll see some subscribers coming to you.
Thanks for sharing the experience...