• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do you document your channel Journey?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So I'm one of those people who like to document my progress with things, it probably comes from my Graphic Design training in school where they teaching us the importances of documenting steps in the design process (mainly incase someone tries to steal your art, you can use the documentation of the artwork process as evidence of your ownership) so I've been taking screenshots pretty regularly over the last 5+ years of my channel Journey.

I generally take screenshots BEFORE I change my seo, I take screenshots when changing my thumbnails, I take screenshots when I hit a milestone, so I can take a look back at how my overall channel looked during each milestone, and during this time I've actually noticed the many User Interface design changes to YouTube itself included in my channel screenshots (YouTube looked differant, as did Windows it'self) and over the 5 years, my channel's look and feel has changed over those times. You also get a bit of a insight into how many views your videos had at certain points in the journey.

It's cool looking back at the history... I mean, yes, we have analytical history we can just search, but you don't get the VISUAL impact of how everything looked. Maybe it's because I'm an artist that I really appreciate the visuals, but the cool thing is, because I have all these snapshots in time, I can use them in future videos to show my journey.

Have any of you done this outside of saving your subscriber milestone graphics? Or am I just a bit crazy and hang onto nostelgia and memories? :p

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
A very Interesting question that I have never come across and a very Interesting explanation.

I so far have not Documented anything but love the idea. I am the kind of person who likes to preserve memories.

My YouTube Channel itself is a memory that I am creating now. All fun and learning with my Grandma. Me enacting as my grandma's friend in few recipes as a co actor. It's all so satisfying journey. I am super happy with the smile that I get at the end of the day.

Anyway, curious to hear if anyone Documents their journey :)

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
We have been documenting our progress weekly in a spreadsheet on subscribers, views, hours (at least until we finally got monetized last month) and video and channel specific milestones. We also take screenshots as well for video views, channel views and subscribers. It is a nice way to remember how far we've come over a certain period of time.

We don't do the channel as a whole though, but we are also still a bit newer than yourself Beanie.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We have been documenting our progress weekly in a spreadsheet on subscribers, views, hours (at least until we finally got monetized last month) and video and channel specific milestones. We also take screenshots as well for video views, channel views and subscribers. It is a nice way to remember how far we've come over a certain period of time.

We don't do the channel as a whole though, but we are also still a bit newer than yourself Beanie.
From some things I've seen of Mr Beast and some things from Derral Eves, it seems the spreadsheet method is a good way to not only track, but to analyse data for extra growth. I haven't gone the spreadsheet route until more recently, but it's definitely a good idea :)

Reactions: Travel Interesante