• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Constructive Criticism on My Channel

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Goobervlogs
Title of thread: Constructive Criticism on My Channel
Self review: My channel consist of Vlogs, Retro Video Games, Unboxings, Cooking and other random short clip videos. I know my channel seems like it's all over the place because I don't have a particular "niche" But I figured it's called YOUTUBE NOT NICHETUBE so I upload kinda whatever I want and I know that might be one reason my channel is not where i think it should be. I would like everyone to give me honest constructive criticism on my channel... From am I not bubble enough or should I pick 1 niche and just stick with it to whatever else you think I should change that would help me... I can take the criticism ;) My most viewed video has about 100k video views and I Hit 1,000 Subscribers Nov 03, 2019 and that took like 5 years to accomplish and my total views is 476,171 views. This YouTube grind sure is tough LOL I know at times I am not consistent at uploading every week on a regular schedule and take breaks sometimes from uploading because of LIFE... I appreciate you all of you if I got some feedback THANK YOU!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnbru-yERTgXlBgQVv4bvHg?view_as=subscriber
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30671/#post-91736

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Th Kumara

Hello, I checked through your channel and from my point of view im actually a new youtuber so i actually have no experience in how to do stuufs to the channel in order to gain more viewers. But, I will give my feedback as a normal viewer and for me I would say that having several niches actually helps you with gaining different kinds of viewers to your channel. As a viewer I would say that you have done a great work on your channel and i wish you all the best. I am also sorry if my reply was not much useful because i am still new to this subject.

• Love
Reactions: Jeff Goober

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Goobervlogs,

I took a look at your channel and I have a few things I would like to talk about but before I do just wanna make sure that it's understood I'm only giving constructive criticism based on how I search channels and what draws my attention. Not all my points will apply as I may not necessarily be the audience you are targetting. But there are a few things I believe you might want to consider looking into. With that said...

I see what you mean about your channel being all over the place. While I can understand you chose this from the start this kind of channel, from what I've seen, doesn't perform well in the long run if certain things are not met. Most channels I've seen that have a variety of content spanning different genres often tend to be based around the content creator themselves as the reason the content is so popular. The creator made themselves worth watching thus they can often create content about anything and still likely get high views and new subs. But these days a channel focused on a single genre has a much better chance of growing.

I looked around your videos and I notice most of your high view videos revolved around tech. Oddly enough several of the tech-related videos had very poor views which would lead me to believe the ones with high views had keywords that had high chances of exposure and thus they got more views. My opinion is to perhaps steer your channel towards one genre, the gaming tech type. That combined with proper keywords, tags, and good thumbnails and you should be able to get this channel going. Of course, if you decide to stick to a variety of genres then you should try to focus on making yourself the center of your videos, the main attraction, the reason people watch your videos. You'll need to develop your personality so that viewers will want to watch you but you'll also need to target trending topics to gain viewers since you'll be working on putting yourself out there so you can be found and noticed.

The only other thing I would suggest is making some changes to your channel page. The links to your social media on the channel banner should be removed. YouTube doesn't like channels that steer viewers away from YouTube to other websites. YouTube wants you to keep there on YouTube watching more videos. You can use your videos to share your social media info. And the banner could also use some changes such as some text telling people what the channel is about. Otherwise, anyone who comes across the channel won't know if you're creating content they might wanna see since the banner doesn't give any idea what type of content is on the channel.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Goobervlogs,

I took a look at your channel and I have a few things I would like to talk about but before I do just wanna make sure that it's understood I'm only giving constructive criticism based on how I search channels and what draws my attention. Not all my points will apply as I may not necessarily be the audience you are targetting. But there are a few things I believe you might want to consider looking into. With that said...

I see what you mean about your channel being all over the place. While I can understand you chose this from the start this kind of channel, from what I've seen, doesn't perform well in the long run if certain things are not met. Most channels I've seen that have a variety of content spanning different genres often tend to be based around the content creator themselves as the reason the content is so popular. The creator made themselves worth watching thus they can often create content about anything and still likely get high views and new subs. But these days a channel focused on a single genre has a much better chance of growing.

I looked around your videos and I notice most of your high view videos revolved around tech. Oddly enough several of the tech-related videos had very poor views which would lead me to believe the ones with high views had keywords that had high chances of exposure and thus they got more views. My opinion is to perhaps steer your channel towards one genre, the gaming tech type. That combined with proper keywords, tags, and good thumbnails and you should be able to get this channel going. Of course, if you decide to stick to a variety of genres then you should try to focus on making yourself the center of your videos, the main attraction, the reason people watch your videos. You'll need to develop your personality so that viewers will want to watch you but you'll also need to target trending topics to gain viewers since you'll be working on putting yourself out there so you can be found and noticed.

The only other thing I would suggest is making some changes to your channel page. The links to your social media on the channel banner should be removed. YouTube doesn't like channels that steer viewers away from YouTube to other websites. YouTube wants you to keep there on YouTube watching more videos. You can use your videos to share your social media info. And the banner could also use some changes such as some text telling people what the channel is about. Otherwise, anyone who comes across the channel won't know if you're creating content they might wanna see since the banner doesn't give any idea what type of content is on the channel.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for taking a look and giving me feedback... I was thinking about doing the same thing with my channel art.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello, I checked through your channel and from my point of view im actually a new youtuber so i actually have no experience in how to do stuufs to the channel in order to gain more viewers. But, I will give my feedback as a normal viewer and for me I would say that having several niches actually helps you with gaining different kinds of viewers to your channel. As a viewer I would say that you have done a great work on your channel and i wish you all the best. I am also sorry if my reply was not much useful because i am still new to this subject.
Thanks for your feedback...I would agree with you on having several niches on my channel. I do think in order to have a bigger following I should probably focus on one main niche for the time being.

Reactions: Th Kumara