• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What should I do if company use copyright to abuse my channel?

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
My video was copyright strike due to (I don't know what it is) The video is about, how to download brawl stars on PC. I don't know how that was copyrighted. I know you might say it might be music in the video, but it is not. Cuz I was copyright by the game company. Please help me because it is my most views video.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Did you read the company's policy on making videos about the game before you did so? Some publishers don't like people doing that, and it is their right to decide whether you can use their product for your video.

A lot of companies allow ganeplay videos because it helps them to promote it, but legally you do need permission and all game publishers have different rules. If you are going to make gaming videos you will need to start reading the publishers guidelines/policies for video content and I woukd suggest brushing up on your knowledge of Fair Use.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
My video was copyright strike due to (I don't know what it is) The video is about, how to download brawl stars on PC. I don't know how that was copyrighted. I know you might say it might be music in the video, but it is not. Cuz I was copyright by the game company. Please help me because it is my most views video.

I'd reach out to their support team and ask where they stand. I can't find any official statement from them.

Did you read the company's policy on making videos about the game before you did so? Some publishers don't like people doing that, and it is their right to decide whether you can use their product for your video.

A lot of companies allow ganeplay videos because it helps them to promote it, but legally you do need permission and all game publishers have different rules. If you are going to make gaming videos you will need to start reading the publishers guidelines/policies for video content and I woukd suggest brushing up on your knowledge of Fair Use.

This is very true, and sadly it does change from company to company so it's near impossible to tell which game publisher is alright with what.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The title is "how to download brawl stars on PC" , and after a quick google search, brawl stars is a mobile app, meaning if you wanted to doanload it to PC, you'd have to use some sort of 3rd party method which would more than likely be against their terms of service.

The copyright aspect would not necessarily be on the footage of the game, but the instructions on how to download it to a platform they haven't licenced it's use onto. Much like how Niantic will ban users for installed Pokemon GO onto pc's running mobile emulators. In this situation, there's probably nothing you can do about it. It's evident they don't want people installing the game onto PC, and you showing people how to do that would be in breach of their copyright. I mean, legally you might have a leg to stand on, but I'm not a lawyer and none of this is legal advice, but if you want to fight it, to see if you have some grounds to fight on, you can probably contact a lawyer, or you can reach out to the game developers personally, but I don't like your chances.

I'd suggest just accepting that it is what it is, and you need to be careful when making videos about how to download games to platforms that aren't native to the developers wishes.

Reactions: JasCool Gaming
OP
OP
JasCool Gaming

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
The title is "how to download brawl stars on PC" , and after a quick google search, brawl stars is a mobile app, meaning if you wanted to doanload it to PC, you'd have to use some sort of 3rd party method which would more than likely be against their terms of service.

The copyright aspect would not necessarily be on the footage of the game, but the instructions on how to download it to a platform they haven't licenced it's use onto. Much like how Niantic will ban users for installed Pokemon GO onto pc's running mobile emulators. In this situation, there's probably nothing you can do about it. It's evident they don't want people installing the game onto PC, and you showing people how to do that would be in breach of their copyright. I mean, legally you might have a leg to stand on, but I'm not a lawyer and none of this is legal advice, but if you want to fight it, to see if you have some grounds to fight on, you can probably contact a lawyer, or you can reach out to the game developers personally, but I don't like your chances.

I'd suggest just accepting that it is what it is, and you need to be careful when making videos about how to download games to platforms that aren't native to the developers wishes.

Ok thanks for the advice.

Cornelia

Subscriber Goal
Hi. I was wondering if I can also get some answers about these claims. Before i was getting "on work" and editing my video i bought the song that i was planning to use it for my video. With the song i get this file also. Because i am not a native English speaker, can someone helps me understand if I can get, or not get the right to use it for my non - monetized video once. Because i understand that i can, but also maybe i am getting it wrong, and i get claim on video, it doesn't affect my channel or my video, i am small channel, but i feel like it's not ok because i want to do it right, i bought it just to exclusive use that song, i could get any other song but i wanted that one, spend the money and still get the claim! which on which is ok?

Attachments

• licienta paint.png
    licienta paint.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited: