• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Definitely spending a lot more time to think and improve my thumbnails

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Here is my thumbnail from my latest video. Thumbnail creating is now part of the workflow. It's as important as the video itself!

Update. Here is the Title of the Video for context: Sony a7siii: What We Know So Far and Why I Might Not Be Getting It

What are your thoughts? what we know about the sony a7siii and why i might not get it-1.jpg

Last edited:

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
Awesome... striking colors, but I donΓÇÖt really know what it is about exactly, if you want to play the mystery card it will do a good job.

Reactions: Mario So
OP
OP
Mario So

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Awesome... striking colors, but I donΓÇÖt really know what it is about exactly, if you want to play the mystery card it will do a good job.
Thanks! The title of the video is "Sony a7siii: What we know about it" I hope the thumb and the title complement each other.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi.. I like the pic but if someone is asking you what your thumbnail means .. then your Thumbnail is Incomplete. That's the reason why people are asking to add a little text to it.

We often scroll so fast that we may not read the title. Just the pic. SO ..., good work on thumbnail.. just small text about content would be great. All the Best !!

OP
OP
Mario So

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Looks good. But a small suggestion is to add text right or left to the pic.
Thanks. So far my CTR for this is through the roof since the Title of the video tells you what this video is about. The thumbnail adds that bit of suspense and I guess it's making people click. :)

It looks great, Just need to add bit information texts on it:yum:yum
Hi.. I like the pic but if someone is asking you what your thumbnail means .. then your Thumbnail is Incomplete. That's the reason why people are asking to add a little text to it.

We often scroll so fast that we may not read the title. Just the pic. SO ..., good work on thumbnail.. just small text about content would be great. All the Best !!
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I see what people mean regarding the text. But so far this thumbnail has the highest CTR in any of my recent videos. It's probably the combo of text and thumbnail. Who knows but I will definitely be testing whether text or no text works best. I know some niches do better with no text as long as you have a compelling title and a very high impact/quality image.

dennynj122002

Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I see what people mean regarding the text. But so far this thumbnail has the highest CTR in any of my recent videos. It's probably the combo of text and thumbnail. Who knows but I will definitely be testing whether text or no text works best. I know some niches do better with no text as long as you have a compelling title and a very high impact/quality image.
I donΓÇÖt know about thumbnails at all .but think thumbnails make pay attention right away.good idea.and I love the way you think outside the box.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks. So far my CTR for this is through the roof since the Title of the video tells you what this video is about. The thumbnail adds that bit of suspense and I guess it's making people click.
What are the current impressions and CTR?

Great looking thumbnail :)
Though I think the coloring on your face is quite... orange XD

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the thumbnail though for me I find the part where you're blurred a bit off-putting. You blend into the background too much. But that's just me. Still think the thumbnail loof great.

OP
OP
Mario So

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt know about thumbnails at all .but think thumbnails make pay attention right away.good idea.and I love the way you think outside the box.
Yes that's true and thank you!

What are the current impressions and CTR?

Great looking thumbnail :)
Though I think the coloring on your face is quite... orange XD
Thanks! It's about 12% right now and yes that's on purpose. I over saturate it to help draw some attention to it. :)

I updated the post to reflect the title for more context. ;)

I like it, but what is the video title I feel that helps with context of the thumbnail :)
Thanks Andrew and oops, I edited the post to include the Title. ;)

Title: Sony a7siii: What We Know So Far and Why I Might Not Be Getting It