• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Promotion by other YouTube channels/Influencers

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi!

I've started to think about how to find youtube channel or influencer that can promote my channel or a separate video. Have you ever tried it? Is there any online resource with list of influencers or how I should find them?

Reactions: Cgalindez

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Sorry man, but there are no shortcuts here. A friend of mine happens to have a channel with 2 million subscribers. He is a really kind and generous guy and gave me a full on. 30 second shoutout with a link to my channel a while back. It was fun: i gained something like 1,500 subscribers over the course of a month. But those subscribers simply were not interested in my content, they subscribed because he asked them to. They dont watch my videos. Since they are subscribed YT suggests my videos to them, they dont watch and it reduces my CTR.

So while it was very generous to have given me the shoutout it did very little for the true success of my channel.

OP
OP
Dmi3Bals

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Sorry man, but there are no shortcuts here. A friend of mine happens to have a channel with 2 million subscribers. He is a really kind and generous guy and gave me a full on. 30 second shoutout with a link to my channel a while back. It was fun: i gained something like 1,500 subscribers over the course of a month. But those subscribers simply were not interested in my content, they subscribed because he asked them to. They dont watch my videos. Since they are subscribed YT suggests my videos to them, they dont watch and it reduces my CTR.

So while it was very generous to have given me the shoutout it did very little for the true success of my channel.
Okay. I see your point, but I still think it is worth to try. I'm not looking for shortcut, I try to find more promotion fields.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Interesting point . Thank you for the mention.

• Love

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Okay. I see your point, but I still think it is worth to try. I'm not looking for shortcut, I try to find more promotion fields.
Absolutely, have at it. If you get a shoutout from someone with an audience that would get value from your content you can get a good boost. But i would suggest tempering your expectations. A shoutout will only do so much and its success will be entirely dependent on the value your channel provides.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal

Yeah, that's one reason I never done many shout outs or hangouts with other channels. At the end of the day I saw it didn't help either channel much.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me at one point, a very popular celebrity who is now a vlogger promoted my channel just by saying "Like and Subscribe to his channel!" on my own video!

Reactions: Dmi3Bals

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hmmm, This is why it's all about the quality of subscribers even though we do want the quantity too. I think with shout outs it works better if you are within the same genre.
Recently I joined a weight loss group (loop)and some of the members released a video of their breakfast meals at the same time and gave each other a shout out and included the others in their description and I think it worked for them, because there was a specific common niche people went over to check out the other people's breakfasts and subscribed too.
Coming to think of it I can't remember anyone saying subscribe but rather explaining the collaboration and telling people to check the other channels out. On average they received about 6-8 extra subscribers each or so but I think these will continue to engage.
I will definitely be taking part next time! ;)
This is the reason why @Damon and I won't be collaborating yet :joy:

Exactly

Last edited:
  • Love

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have already witnessed 2 YouTubers who tried using other channels to promote theirs and they both had the same issue. Both had a growth in subs but neither had a growth in views, click-throughs or even subs after the initial boost. Just as @Stanley Orchard's channel, they both got viewers who subbed simply because either the channel creator told their audience to sub to them or their ad on the top creator drew an audience who subbed just to sub. After that one grow frustrated to the point he almost shut down his channel. But with time he realized his mistake and learned the proper way to grow a channel and now he's at over 6k subs though his views are still struggling. The other guy spends every moment angry, blaming YT for his channel's failure and never listening to good advice for anyone.

• Love

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
There is no way a big youtuber will promote your video without any reason, Just stop thinking about the possibility and work hard on your videos

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I got a "shoutout" from Derral Eves once in a video featuring my channel. I didn't see any boost except maybe 2 comments pointing out they were from that video. That said, Jazza did a shoutout to his own video editor (he had somewhere between 1-3 million subscribers at the time) and his editor's channel grow to 2k subscribers in a single day... but never grew beyond that and he'd constantly mention how he was losing subscribers rather than gaining any.

At the end of the day it's better to gain subscribers on your own merits rather than getting a shoutout. Shoutouts can help, but often they end up hurting more than helping.

You're better off doing a collab with other creators in your same niche that you respect, NOT for the sake of growing subscribers, but for the sake of making good content.

No one cares what your subcount is, they care if your content is good, and if your content stinks, no shoutout is going to result in sustained subscriber growth.

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've had a few shout-outs and given a few.
Easiest way in the community I'm in, is to create an interesting "Tag" series..
Tagging a few other reviewers, they'll mention you back in their video.

There is always a heap of tag videos in my genre going around so everyone supports each other...

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You know what is highly undervalued? Being the 'big guy.' Everybody wants a shout-out from the big creators in the hopes it will help grow their audience. As I said earlier that isn't exactly how the shout-out typically works.
But what DOES work is BEING the big guy in a collaborative effort (and lets face it, a shoutout without sone form of collaboration is pretty worthless). If you have 500 subscribers you should be focusing on the creators with 100. Help them out. Collaborate with them. No, you wont gain much in the way of immediate subs. But what you can gain:
- The respect of a creator who may one day be able to help you.
- The respect of that creators audience, who may consider you more of an authority in the space and will appreciate your additions to this creators work.
-The respect of any larger creator who sees you helping in the community.

There is often far more value available out there than that of a few vanity numbers and done right they will affect the long-term performance of your channel far more than almost any shoutout ever could.

Last edited:

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
There is a big Pakistani Youtube channel called Baba foods LLCΓÇöJust like the OP i was curious and contacted them via Whats app business and asked there pricing for a mere small community post shoutout sadly the reply was one community post shoutout with my video link in it would cost me around 700 USD i was so shocked and saddened i decided to give another small YouTuber a free community post shoutout and not charged any money what so ever. So hey if its free and if someone is giving you a shoutout then go for it do not care if those subscribers that you get will stick or not because quite frankly think like a huge company that just wants to get there name across like for example COKE they want people to memorize their brand even if you never watched any of "Coke" commercials you know the brand name and the reason being of there mass marketing (Spending millions of dollars on decade per decade) so you cash in those free marketing opportunities as well.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There is a big Pakistani Youtube channel called Baba foods LLCΓÇöJust like the OP i was curious and contacted them via Whats app business and asked there pricing for a mere small community post shoutout sadly the reply was one community post shoutout with my video link in it would cost me around 700 USD i was so shocked and saddened i decided to give another small YouTuber a free community post shoutout and not charged any money what so ever. So hey if its free and if someone is giving you a shoutout then go for it do not care if those subscribers that you get will stick or not because quite frankly think like a huge company that just wants to get there name across like for example COKE they want people to memorize their brand even if you never watched any of "Coke" commercials you know the brand name and the reason being of there mass marketing (Spending millions of dollars on decade per decade) so you cash in those free marketing opportunities as well.
Yeah, it's kinda sad that they charge that much for a mere mention, but something tells me they get asked that question so often that they've intentionally overpriced it to stop people asking. I'm very much of the opinion that asking for a shoutout will get you nowhere. The only kind of shoutout I believe in, is one that isn't asked for, and is simply given because the creator believes in your passion and what you do and wants to share that with their audience as well. Good will shoutouts do far more than asking for one. It's always nice to be noticed by someone bigger. It's incredibly rare, but makes the experience far more impactful when it happens.

Reactions: LiquidOcelot

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Reading this thread is very informative! Rather work organically on my views and subscribers than a promotion after reading the stories! Thanks all

• Love
Reactions: Damon

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I personally don't think shout outs work. A few kind and generous You tubers have given me a shout out (without me asking)but nothing tangible really in subscribers however I really appreciate the channel shout outs and people that come over no matter how small

Reactions: Damon

goldfries

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I had a friend who had many subscribers gave me a shoutout in his video, I gained a few hundred subs from that. The key is that we're from the same country and of the same industry.

Darrenowain

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't be surprised if getting a successful YouTuber to give you a shoutout might get you a few subscribers, but then it could give you a false sense of confidence that your own channel is quiet good, maybe just trying to leave it grow naturally, hopefully your content is good enough to get people to subscribe to you and watch your future video content.