• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Display or not to display the number of people subscribed to my channel

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello!

I found out that there is a possibility to avoid dispalying the number of subscribers on YouTube. Do you have some ideas what is it made for and when/how/why to use it?

kids cloud land

TubeBuddy User
Hello!

I found out that there is a possibility to avoid dispalying the number of subscribers on YouTube. Do you have some ideas what is it made for and when/how/why to use it?

If you have less subs it is better not show the number of subs but if you have more than a thousand subs you can show.
For example, if i am watching a channel with 0 subs but its content is very nice and engaging i will probably not subscribe that channel.
Hope this is helpful!:)

Reactions: Dmi3Bals
OP
OP
Dmi3Bals

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If you have less subs it is better not show the number of subs but if you have more than a thousand subs you can show.
For example, if i am watching a channel with 0 subs but its content is very nice and engaging i will probably not subscribe that channel.
Hope this is helpful!:)
This is exactly what I thought about - to hide the number for a while to attract more people.

PrachiNileshStudio

TubeBuddy User
On a second thought, if we hide our subscribe count(though small in numbers initially) wouldn't it give direct msg to viewer that channel is new. I am also new in youtube community but i prefer not to hide the subscriber count.

Floris Food

Good food,great life.
Subscriber Goal
Can do Hide it, So yes , HOW? this is the first time i've heard about this.

OP
OP
Dmi3Bals

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
On a second thought, if we hide our subscribe count(though small in numbers initially) wouldn't it give direct msg to viewer that channel is new. I am also new in youtube community but i prefer not to hide the subscriber count.
I've decided to hide for the next 30 days and take a look what will change.

Can do Hide it, So yes , HOW? this is the first time i've heard about this.
In your YouTube account settings.

Reactions: Floris Food

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I think in the long run its better to show your count. The number really means nothing but hiding it makes you look embarassed about it. Just own it and move on IMO

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I never subscribe to a channel that don't show subs. It just feels fishy or that something is wrong with the channel. I rather subscribe to a channel with 10 subs that show it than a channel with 10 000 subs that hide it.

So in my mind it's always better to show it.

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
Show it. I've done both and I feel like I got more subscribers when I had it on than when I had it off. Never turned it off since then.

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Brands normally use this feature as their subscription isn't for really the numbers, but more to show the channel. It's honestly quite odd to explain.
Some people turn it off because they feel their numbers don't really fit their channel (ETC - channels with less then 10% activity rate), and it looks demotivating with higher numbers but with less views.
Although i personally don't use this feature, it gives confidence for some brands and youtubers and that's okay.