• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Comments that don't exist, or do they???? Not on my computer/phone - but a friend can see them.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I wonder if anyone else has had this issue

I had replied to a comment from what I thought was TubeBuddy (but may have been YouTube) ΓÇô it didnΓÇÖt work and I lost my ΓÇÿworkΓÇÖ

I think I know why the computer [on me pressing send] ‘hung’ and didn’t add my response… because the comment I was responding to, didn’t exist

ItΓÇÖs strange

So the comment was made roughly 20 hours ago

ItΓÇÖs on my YouTube / TubeBuddy comment ΓÇÿdashboardΓÇÖ

BUT it is NOT on the video itself, when I look on my PC. It is not there when I look on my iPhone (that I am sure I am NOT signed into YouTube on)

BUT it is on my friends iPhone ΓÇô when she looks at that Video on YouTube

Possible Reasons:

ONE ΓÇô can commenters leave comments and BLOCK the YouTube channel from reading them?

TWO – I thought maybe I somehow had a chached version of the video… BUT my Views (for that video) show as 156 Views. My friend (whop can see the comment) shows about 60 Views. So is there a chance the commenter deleted their comment, so it shows up (as deleted) on mine, but still appears on there’s as they are looking at the video when I only had 60 views.

That makes no sense ΓÇô as it lists the comment as being 19 hours ago [on their phone] and the same on my Studio Channel Comments. So they must have the correct up-to-date version.

I really want to respond to the comment, as they have got a load of things wrong

But donΓÇÖt want to waste time if it is a deleted comment.

Anyone got any help or ideas as to what is going on. Be great if this has happened to anyone else

Thanks x

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
YouTube doesn't have a feature that allows viewers to comment and block that comment from the channel... or anyons else. Comment control is strictly in the hands of the creator.

Ive not seen this issue but i've seen similar issues with deleted comments. They act weird sometimes. My best guess is that it has been deleted and for whatever reason it hasn't been totally flushed out yet.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Ok,

So although on my dashboard and my friends phone [who has a much lower viewer count than I - so is 'back in time'] maybe it's deleted

It's annoying as if people see it - they have got so many things wrong, not sure the person understood 'the joke'

Thanks for that

There's another question there...

Viewer counts

Why would my phone and hers have such different number of views?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah get used to that. Not sure why that is, they just dont update at the same time. A lot of metrics vary across platforms (and even in YouTube studio itself). All part of the game.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @MaJ

When it comes to the comment it could be that you did not send the comment, there might be some problems with the new Studio. I answered a lot of comments in the beginning without reloading the page and for some reason, the tokens in the browser get invalidated, and then you can't send a comment which is a bit annoying.

So before starting to respond to comments I would recommend a page reload.

When it comes to viewers they do differ and youtube has heard that criticism and they are working on it. Better sync will be released in the coming days but there might still be differences in some cases.

Best regards
Daniel