• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Welcome genuine channel reviews

Roopali Bajaj

TubeBuddy Pro
User name: Roopali Bajaj
Title of thread: Welcome genuine channel reviews
Self review: I am looking for genuine channel reviews, which can improve my channel performance in terms of comments and likes. I am also lacking in subs as my channel is near to complete one year. I am using high resolution thumbnails. I am doing SEO of every video. I am using keyword explorer for tags searching. Using SEO Studio as well. In SEO studio score is 100, but when I play it on YouTube, SEO score will be different. I am not able to find good number of ranked keywords. I used Google Ads two times on my channel and I think that decreases my channel value. I also wants to know, how may I improve public watch hours... Please take a ride and share your valuable suggestions to grow my channel.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/veggietaste
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30621/post-90032

Reactions: Poodue76

Milkro

I have looked at your channel and watched some videos. In my opinion everything looks very professional and well done. I can offer some advice, I suggest enacting voice overs instead of text (your choice). Another suggestion is to start establishing a fan base. (Try and really get across what your channel is exactly about.)
I hope I could offer some feedback.

Reactions: Roopali Bajaj

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OK, so I'm gonna give you my opinion based on what I look for in a channel. For starters, I enjoy cooking channels. I don't follow a lot but the few I do have certain things I enjoy that makes me watch over and over. In the case of your channel here are some of the things I saw that in my opinion could be in part reasons why you're videos are struggling to reach a larger audience.

Your thumbnails are nice but in my opinion, the food, which is the main part of the video, only occupies a small area of the thumbnail. You have a lot of nice background design but the focus should be the food not the background. Maybe work on making the food the focus of the thumbnail by making the image of the food bigger, take up more space on the thumbnail. Remember, when looking at the thumbnail from a search list the thumbnails are small so the food is not as clear as it should be from that perspective.

Veggie_Taste_YouTube.png

Next thing is the intro. The first 30 seconds of any video are the most crucial to keep viewers hooked. Your intro is about 10 seconds long and while it's a beautiful intro it's a bit long in my opinion. I personally suggest no more than 5 seconds for the average intro. Especially for channels that are either new are small. It's just a suggestion.

The other thing I noticed is the music. It's a bit loud throughout the video. For cooking channels, in my opinion, lower music works better. I often have to lower the volume on some of the ones I watch. Not always happy to do that myself.

The last thing would be the explanation text. Perhaps fewer or simpler animations, a bit bigger text, and maybe a bit higher from the bottom. You want viewers to see the text and the video at the same time as best as possible.

Now, like I said, these are just my opinions based on what I look for in a channel. It doesn't necessarily mean other viewers find these to be an issue. So feel free to take the opinions or not if you want. But one this you also need to take into account is that while yes you are close to a year you only have 24 videos. Most YouTube pros will suggest making at least 100 videos before you start worrying about subs and views. You need to give the YouTube algorithm time to analyze your channel and videos and give it enough data to determine who to share your videos with. Remember that your channel is competing in a very saturated genre so it takes time for your videos to reach more potential viewers. Keep working on your content, you've already have the making great content part, now you just have to give it time to be found and grow.

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Generally, I think you are doing well for a youtube channel that is not up to one year. Secondly, it takes time especially because your niche is not very broad.

I am really jealous of your intro. You have a logo that is popping.
Honestly you have no reason to worry. Be patient.

OP
OP
Roopali Bajaj

Roopali Bajaj

TubeBuddy Pro
I have looked at your channel and watched some videos. In my opinion everything looks very professional and well done. I can offer some advice, I suggest enacting voice overs instead of text (your choice). Another suggestion is to start establishing a fan base. (Try and really get across what your channel is exactly about.)
I hope I could offer some feedback.

Thank you Milkro. I will definitely work on my fan base. If you have any suggestion for creating a fan base. It will be more precious support for me.

OK, so I'm gonna give you my opinion based on what I look for in a channel. For starters, I enjoy cooking channels. I don't follow a lot but the few I do have certain things I enjoy that makes me watch over and over. In the case of your channel here are some of the things I saw that in my opinion could be in part reasons why you're videos are struggling to reach a larger audience.

Your thumbnails are nice but in my opinion, the food, which is the main part of the video, only occupies a small area of the thumbnail. You have a lot of nice background design but the focus should be the food not the background. Maybe work on making the food the focus of the thumbnail by making the image of the food bigger, take up more space on the thumbnail. Remember, when looking at the thumbnail from a search list the thumbnails are small so the food is not as clear as it should be from that perspective.

View attachment 6555

Next thing is the intro. The first 30 seconds of any video are the most crucial to keep viewers hooked. Your intro is about 10 seconds long and while it's a beautiful intro it's a bit long in my opinion. I personally suggest no more than 5 seconds for the average intro. Especially for channels that are either new are small. It's just a suggestion.

The other thing I noticed is the music. It's a bit loud throughout the video. For cooking channels, in my opinion, lower music works better. I often have to lower the volume on some of the ones I watch. Not always happy to do that myself.

The last thing would be the explanation text. Perhaps fewer or simpler animations, a bit bigger text, and maybe a bit higher from the bottom. You want viewers to see the text and the video at the same time as best as possible.

Now, like I said, these are just my opinions based on what I look for in a channel. It doesn't necessarily mean other viewers find these to be an issue. So feel free to take the opinions or not if you want. But one this you also need to take into account is that while yes you are close to a year you only have 24 videos. Most YouTube pros will suggest making at least 100 videos before you start worrying about subs and views. You need to give the YouTube algorithm time to analyze your channel and videos and give it enough data to determine who to share your videos with. Remember that your channel is competing in a very saturated genre so it takes time for your videos to reach more potential viewers. Keep working on your content, you've already have the making great content part, now you just have to give it time to be found and grow.

Thank You Brave Starr. I am really impressed with your such a generous review on my channel. I will work out on my channel with your complete presentation feedback. I hope, my future videos will attract you to subscribe my channel too... Thank you so much for giving your precious time to review my channel.

Generally, I think you are doing well for a youtube channel that is not up to one year. Secondly, it takes time especially because your niche is not very broad.

I am really jealous of your intro. You have a logo that is popping.
Honestly you have no reason to worry. Be patient.

Thank You so much Harpyjessy. Your kind words really motivates me to keep patience. Keep watching and any time you think that you can give me any suggestion to betterment of my channel. Please do... Thank You once again...

Reactions: BraveStar

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Love the cooking videos what I would say is make the thumbnails more about whatΓÇÖs happening, you have the final product but maybe some other scenery thatΓÇÖs in the video , nice vids anyway

serka

Thumbnails are not attractive. I would take a photo with depth of field. You can do this with iPhone portrait mode. I am sure other phones has similar modes and use that photo at your thumbnails blend with title.
Here an example for you . Depth of field is important for food images.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Melody Gilliland

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What IΓÇÖve seen on many cooking programs are light easy music which for me is boring, maybe try finding a more upbeat music or traditional music to play, everyThing else is lovely

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am curious what your CTR is and your AVD on your last couple of videos. That really will tell you more than anything else.

I will say that in comparison to a dozen channels that I have worked with over the years your numbers are solid. 1,000+ subscribers and 60,000+ views in less than a year is above average growth IMO. It often takes several years to grow a channel to the substantial size needed for things like a monthly check from adsense and you are well on your way, and as such I wouldn't really want to advise you to make any changes to anything without a more in-depth dive into your analytics (which you should be doing yourself).

Basically take a look at your analytics and focus on improving the singular aspects which are standing out as being the worst on your channel. If your CTR is below 2%-3% work on improving your thumbnails. If your AVD is less than 40% make some improvements to your editing/scripts in order to increase retention. If your Average View Per Person is over 1.4 maybe consider adding a few extra videos per month.

You mention that you want to improve comments and likes; basically you don't feel like your engagement is where it needs to be. That is a simple fix. When you are scripting your videos consider how the video will look from the viewers point of view. As a viewer what question would you be asking at the beginning of the video? Ask your audience... 'what would you do if...' or 'if you have a different approach to this let me know in the comments below...' a simple, genuine call to action will increase your viewers engagement trememdously. Same goes for likes. You simply need to give a genuine reason for your audience to react and they will.

Reactions: Saviera's World