• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips The Sub 4 Sub Ban Club

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I know reading things like ToS is not a very common practice amongst the average person on the Internet. Some studies suggest less than 10% of people read the ToS for any website or program or even the rules of a website. Which reminds me:

Please remember to read our Forum Rules and the rules for each section to ensure a better experience.

Now, back to my point. Because the average person doesn't read the ToS on my websites many don't know about YouTube's very strict rule about sub 4 subs requests. In essence sub 4 sub tactics will get you banned on YouTube and trust me when I say YouTube will figure it out. I have seen some very unique ways of calling out sub 4 subs in a very subtle way. But remember, YouTube didn't get this big by being stupid. Oh yea, and in case you failed to read our Forum Rules (see link above) we follow YouTube rules about sub 4 subs on these forums and thus anyone caught posting about sub 4 sub will get an automatic ban.

Besides, why would you want subs that won't watch your content anyways? I have a particular kind of taste for content. I enjoy tech videos, gaming videos, videos about old, rusted things being restored, and even YouTube Help content. There are some kind of content I have no interest in such as beauty and makeup videos, anime review videos or ASMR (sorry @ASMRSadie :p) so odds are I wouldn't subscribe to channels with this kind of content. If I did I would likely never contribute to view count or view time. And why would you want a sub that doesn't watch your content? What's the point? YouTube doesn't reward subscriber counts except maybe with a button but that button means nothing if no one watches your content and odds are you wouldn't make it to enough subs to earn one through a sub 4 sub tactic.

If you're not a creator who's interested in creating content to help, entertain or educate viewers (unless you're a business of course) then you shouldn't be on YouTube. It's that simple. So give up this pointless crusade to gain subs just for the sake of gaining big numbers in the hopes of getting YouTube Partnership. After all, without actual view time, you'll never get partner approval.

For more info on YouTube's rule on fake subs see the link below. Or read the ToS. We all should.

Fake_Engagement_Policy_YouTube_Help.png

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm only at 46 subscribers, and around 500 watch minutes, this was done with nothing more than some hard yakka, I couldΓÇÖve easily chosen the cheaters way by engaging in this sub4sub scam, but as everyone says the subscriber count is really just a small part of the whole YouTube game, the views and watch minutes are more significant, and yes youΓÇÖre right, IΓÇÖm all about oil painting, so why would I expect a gamer or a car enthusiast to sub to me, I myself wouldnΓÇÖt even be interested in beauty or checking out what Hollywood is up to, hence I wouldnΓÇÖt sub to those kinds of channels, in short IΓÇÖm only interested in stuff thatΓÇÖs gonna be useful for me.

I do my part where I can to stop anyone pushing this scam, itΓÇÖs ruining us serious creators and our chances of building or channels.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You see, these Sub4subbers take on a new level, where they would either "visit their house" in the hopes of the subscriber to "visit their house" as well. They are trying to find loopholes just for YT to not detect they are Sub4Subbing.

Reactions: Keeping up with the

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
You see, these Sub4subbers take on a new level, where they would either "visit their house" in the hopes of the subscriber to "visit their house" as well. They are trying to find loopholes just for YT to not detect they are Sub4Subbing.
Some of the terms they come up with makes me laugh lol

slap for slap!

• Love
Reactions: Icon Thulani

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Some of the terms they come up with makes me laugh lol

slap for slap!
HAHAHA slap for slap! In some worlds that actually sounds fun :joy: If people were as creative with their content as they were with their sub for sub workarounds, they wouldn't need to ask for sub for subbing.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Sub 4 Sub is waste of time, Put the same efforts in making your videos

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Every time I publish a video now I get half a dozen new ''friends'' who would appreciate my ''support'' or tell me about one of their videos they are sure I'll love - no gamerbob I won't love your latest Zelda video as I have not and probably never will play it.

I've found there are more S4Sers out there since YouTube changed the ad sense requirements.