• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion I got a verbal warning for self promotion? TubeBuddy? feels more like TubeDaddy.

Its Jonny Keeley

Was it because I posted a video in the forum? For 9$ a month surely we should be able to discuss our individual videos and ask questions providing videos as context?

It's worth noting that TubeBuddy pro is the same price as Adobe Lightroom.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
The TubeBuddy forum does have quit a bit of rules about posting vids. There is a promotion section, and there is a review/critique section. Find the right section for it, and follow the rules of the section. To get a review, I think you have to first review someone else's vid. I think the rules are in place to keep the forums from just filling up with people spamming videos (not saying you were).

Then quit.
Helpful... not...

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Agree with @Tito Tim .

You might have received a warning because you might not have done it right.

" For 9$ a month surely we should be able to discuss our individual videos and ask questions providing videos as context? " -- your statement.

Without even paying 9$, tubebuddy community helps you to discuss individual videos and ask questions - IF DONE RIGHT

There are review sections where people can look at your video/ thumbnail/channel banner and review .

Post your latest video section where you can post your latest videos.

As soon as you enter the community, there are guide less that clearly mention " no self - promotion " .

My Intention is to make you aware. That's it .

Keeping up with the

Cooking with Mrs Joneses
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow!!! I've been had tubebuddy for a year. I am just learning about it. I am so sorry that happened to you but I am learning it's different steps.

• Love
Reactions: Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Was it because I posted a video in the forum? For 9$ a month surely we should be able to discuss our individual videos and ask questions providing videos as context?

It's worth noting that TubeBuddy pro is the same price as Adobe Lightroom.

We have the review section and the promotion area as stated in the rules:

We have sections for them. TubeBuddy questions is for that exactly, questions about the product TubeBuddy looking into this, it wasn't a TubeBuddy question and was a video link not related to TubeBuddy.

In the rules it has sections where you can discuss your content. The reason for this is because if we just allowed videos anywhere it could lead to spam, and issues.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As a frequent user of this, I can say that you should follow the rules dude, IΓÇÖm here all the time because it is a VERY positive place to be and it is well regulated, there are many Facebook groups that IΓÇÖve had to leave because of spam and pestering posts and sub4sub crap, believe me dude IΓÇÖd rather have something like a TubeBuddy community than anything else simply because I can interact easily with the users here, and the rules are flexible enough to let you do your thing on here but well controlled to keep the rubbish out.

In short, youΓÇÖre in the right place, but just follow the rules, itΓÇÖs easy.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Its Jonny Keeley

Its Jonny Keeley

I'm just here to talk about my experience on YouTube and sometimes I would like to add context.

I'm obviously not here for self promotion, you've seen the view count in the self promotion section. 10 -15 non targeted views average on the forum post would be around 5-10 short duration views on the video itself. I could spend the 9$ a month on targeted ads and get a load more views. Ironically I bet I got more views from posting this. (maybe this was 9000 iq self promotion)

Anyway, happy to accept my slap on the wrist.

Hope you're all well.

Then quit.

Lol Damon, does that mean I should? You are 'Trusted' after all.