• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Should I start a new channel or keep the current one with 1.4k subs?

Kevin M

The situation:

I've recentlybeen declined from the affiliate program that I've been highly interested in. In fact, my content revolves around the same space as that affiliate program product. The problem is that they declined me for the reason that my channel isn't in the english language(which wasn't stated in the TOS for accepting new affiliates).

I now plan to start making english content. Should I continue using my current channel and would that stunt my channel growth. Or is it better to just start with a fresh channel? I only have 6 videos that took 2-3 weeks each to produce. Thanks.

kipp1971

I am not in the same boat as you, but not too different either. I am planning to switch to the English language and to have access to a significant larger audience. For me it is more the question - do I start a new channel from scratch or cannibalize the old one.

Reactions: Kevin M

MrVoidable

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You could start a separate channel, but you could also still have a lot of subscribers that speak English as well. You could always just test out uploading English videos on your channel you have now and see how it goes?

sampocker

I'm with Ameen on this one, is it possible to find and earn more money by using affiliate programs in the existing language? If you have such a strong niche why go abandon it?

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
I had a channel where I taught computer tech and grew to about 2200 subs and abandoned the channel for about 7 years. I came back to it about 4 months ago and decided to use it as my Fitness YouTube channel which I have now grown to 10.7k in about that time frame. Switching a channel entirely to something else will be like starting a brand new channel since your channel has the wrong following and has been placed in another niche. You basically have to treat it as you would a new channel regardless of the following you have and build up a new following to overshadow the old following and content base.

OP
OP
Kevin M

Kevin M

I am not in the same boat as you, but not too different either. I am planning to switch to the English language and to have access to a significant larger audience. For me it is more the question - do I start a new channel from scratch or cannibalize the old one.
Yes, this is exactly my dilemma

The reason why Im contemplating on starting a new channel is that my current audience are primarliy non-english speaking. Im worried that if I switched to english, would hurt my click thru rate and watch retention, and that would signal to youtube that it is a bad video. Thanks to all the replies. I'm still open to suggestions.

You could start a separate channel, but you could also still have a lot of subscribers that speak English as well. You could always just test out uploading English videos on your channel you have now and see how it goes?
I'll try that.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would say even though you got rejected for the affiliate program, keep going with your current channel and move on from the affiliate program that you were rejected, there are many opportunities for you to grow!

• Love
Reactions: AlexMagana

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You should try keeping he 1.4K channel as 1.4K is a heck ton subscribers

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would NOT start a new channel if I had that many subs- I might start an additional channel and see how it goes...but would keep adding to the original!

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
www.ghananiephotography.com
Subscriber Goal
The situation:

I've recentlybeen declined from the affiliate program that I've been highly interested in. In fact, my content revolves around the same space as that affiliate program product. The problem is that they declined me for the reason that my channel isn't in the english language(which wasn't stated in the TOS for accepting new affiliates).

I now plan to start making english content. Should I continue using my current channel and would that stunt my channel growth. Or is it better to just start with a fresh channel? I only have 6 videos that took 2-3 weeks each to produce. Thanks.

you can keep the same channel but make English content.

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Mhh I wouldn't do it, let your heart speak. Personally I wouldn't start over again, if it's just for the money I would find another one in your language or another programme.

ravindrajoisa

www.ravindrajoisa.com
Subscriber Goal
I believe, the first 1000 subs is the hardest, so why delete it? Ask this question in the YOuTube community where your 1.4k subscribers will reply (few will reply). then continue with the same. If they don't like it, they will unsubscribe, but gaining the first 1000 subs isn't easy at all.