• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Mid-roll or not to Mid-roll

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi Everyone.

I read that we now can use Mid-roll for shorter videos. I don't watch ads as I'm paying for the family plan and done for years, so I don't remember how annoying the ads are. On my channel, I've opted out from mid-rolls for all my videos. I also have that as my upload default.

The new change youtube says that they will add mid-roll ads to all older videos without your input. Does that mean that I need to go and disable that for all my old videos if I don't want them?

Another question is how annoying they are? Should I just keep them on my videos and perhaps turn on mid-roll? Have people got desensitized enough of them that it doesn't matter if you use it?

Do you have mid-rolls? Why do you use them? Do you feel that they are annoying?

Thank you for answering.

Best regards
Daniel

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
If you do not want them to add mid-rolls to your older vids (even ones you opted out of before) you have to go to the monetization page and opt-out again. On the monetization tab there is a banner to make opting out very easy. It is automatically opted in, now. We have until 27JUL2020 to opt out or they will start adding the ads. I am still unsure what I will do.

I have used AdBlock since 1998 so I do not know when YT even started putting ads. I started watching in 2006 (so says my account age). My wife has no issues with ads, but I will not watch them. I have never seen an ad on YT, and certainly would not sit through a mid-roll. But I am just too old and grumpy ha ha