• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Need advice for a giveaway

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
I am almost to 100 subscribers on my channel! I personally think that is a very important milestone for small youtubers like myself.
Once I hit 100 subscribers, I was thinking of doing a giveaway. Because about 90% of my subscribers have subscribed to me from my Subnautica Let's Play series, I am thinking of going a giveaway of the game itself. I want to try and give the game on any platform that you can get it on (Playstation, Xbox, or PC - Steam). From my understanding, I can only gift a game on xbox and pc.
Should I do just the PC version of the game?
If not, should I just send that person a gift card for the game if the winner chooses the Playstation version of the game?
Or maybe any other ideas of a giveway?

I'm also not sure of when I should announce the giveaway. I thought that I should just announce it in one of my let's play videos once I hit 100 subscribers. I would let them know the winner will be announced in two weeks time. That way it will give more people a chance to enter. Then I would make an "Announcement Video". In that video I would announce the winner and reach out to them or have them reach out to me via email, instagram, twitter, etc. I would also announce any upcoming collabs I plan on doing in the next couple of months. As well as upcoming games I plan on playing on my channel.

I also thought about making it a small Q&A, but I am not sure about that if I am being honest. Maybe save that for another milestone video or something.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I would love some tips and advice about the whole thing, if you have any to offer. Also, if you have ever done a giveaway, how did you go about it?

Thank you!

hammers

I am almost to 100 subscribers on my channel! I personally think that is a very important milestone for small youtubers like myself.
Once I hit 100 subscribers, I was thinking of doing a giveaway. Because about 90% of my subscribers have subscribed to me from my Subnautica Let's Play series, I am thinking of going a giveaway of the game itself. I want to try and give the game on any platform that you can get it on (Playstation, Xbox, or PC - Steam). From my understanding, I can only gift a game on xbox and pc.
Should I do just the PC version of the game?
If not, should I just send that person a gift card for the game if the winner chooses the Playstation version of the game?
Or maybe any other ideas of a giveway?

I'm also not sure of when I should announce the giveaway. I thought that I should just announce it in one of my let's play videos once I hit 100 subscribers. I would let them know the winner will be announced in two weeks time. That way it will give more people a chance to enter. Then I would make an "Announcement Video". In that video I would announce the winner and reach out to them or have them reach out to me via email, instagram, twitter, etc. I would also announce any upcoming collabs I plan on doing in the next couple of months. As well as upcoming games I plan on playing on my channel.

I also thought about making it a small Q&A, but I am not sure about that if I am being honest. Maybe save that for another milestone video or something.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I would love some tips and advice about the whole thing, if you have any to offer. Also, if you have ever done a giveaway, how did you go about it?

Thank you!
Get the giveaways after you hit the 100 subscribers aol mail milestone. Tell them to subscribe to your channel and share too. And one lucky winner will get the gift hamper. Work like this and you'll definitely see some rise in your subscriber count

Last edited:

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the way Gameranx do it is good. So you do an announcement video and say subscribe and comment what console/pc they have. You pick a comment at random from that video and it should pop up with either Xbox/PS4/PC and then you give it away on that console the person commented.

If our channel ever reaches 100 I think we would do a Q&A first to be honest and then do the giveaway a bit further down the line but that's my opinion on that.

Hope this helps.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
FYI on Giveaways; YT TOS says that a giveaway can not require a participant to Subscribe, Comment, Like etc in order to be eligible. A giveaway must be open for anybody.

Which is a good thing. it is likely that a subscriber is going to win it, but per YT rules the giveaway should be fair across the board.

I suggest getting creative. We do an annual giveaway on our channel. We hide some little easter egg in a video, give a few clues throughout the season and at the end of the season we announce it and let everybody run through and rewatch our old videos looking for the clues. Great for a boost in views/watchtime, we don't have to require anyone to subscribe and maybe we pick up a fan along the way! Win Win Win!

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
FYI on Giveaways; YT TOS says that a giveaway can not require a participant to Subscribe, Comment, Like etc in order to be eligible. A giveaway must be open for anybody.

Which is a good thing. it is likely that a subscriber is going to win it, but per YT rules the giveaway should be fair across the board.

I suggest getting creative. We do an annual giveaway on our channel. We hide some little easter egg in a video, give a few clues throughout the season and at the end of the season we announce it and let everybody run through and rewatch our old videos looking for the clues. Great for a boost in views/watchtime, we don't have to require anyone to subscribe and maybe we pick up a fan along the way! Win Win Win!

Out of interest this guy needs to know the console of the winner, so if he says 'comment what your console is' so he can give the correct game away, does this go against YT rules?

ScenicSitesAndBites

TubeBuddy Pro
scenicsitesandbites.com
Subscriber Goal
Man that is a rad question. And no, that wouldn't be a violation. You aren't allowed to require comments etc as a means of being eligible... this is more of a request for feedback to ensure a better giveaway. @residentcasuals
This is something we were thinking of doing as well. I have 2 questions hopefully you can clarify for me. 1) Even though it can't be a requirement, can you still suggest that they share, comment, subscribe if you say that it is not a requirement to enter? Also how do you tell who has entered if not using the comment to enter method? Sorry if this seems like a noob question but this is new to us.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Nothing noob about it. Of course YT sets rules, but doesnt really give alternative options. You can request shares, comments etc. You just cant make it a requirement to win. In the case of the comment picker, im afraid i dont have a clear answer. I assume that if the contest is based off a random selection of comments that its ok, you aren't specifically trying to profit through the engagement.

Reactions: residentcasuals

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have heard this as well... but I see big channels do it all the time. 'To enter, like, comment, and share the video.' I guess it is just not enforced much unless someone complains? I am sure YT cannot catch everyone, but some of the big channels do it regularly.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is the case, yes sir. It is not enforced heavily at all.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
competitions and giveaways are two differant things, so a giveaway as a celebration of something is mostly fine, if indeed, no entry is required. You can just pick a random user to give something away as a gift but be sure you have read youtube's terms of service thoroughly to see if it's allowed because most people don't https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en but I'd still be careful because people use giveaways in the wrong form.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
...but how do you select someone other than from subscribers or commenters? There has to be a way of collecting entries. Seems like an odd thing...

Kids Fun

TubeBuddy Pro
...but how do you select someone other than from subscribers or commenters? There has to be a way of collecting entries. Seems like an odd thing...

I would think the same thing. Most big youtubers get their winners from people that have subscribed, liked, commented and even shared there videos. I wouldn't think there was another way to keep track of ones that are entering to win! :rolleyes: