• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Harassment

DogsInAction

I'm currently being harassed on Youtube. This guy will not stop and hasn't it's been ON and OFF for almost 3 years now and its really sad! I made a video and I had 40 Likes but then I check and the guy just wont stop it went from 0 to then 10 dislikes and just keeps on going higher and higher, I dont really mind the dislikes to much to be honest but when he comments and harasses my viewers THATS A ISSUE! I reported him to youtube multiple times now and had other people do it too because hes harassing them as well. I find it really sad someone even has the time of the day to go switch from account to account for multiple videos just to get some sort of attention. Does anyone have any tips on this. It's getting to the point where he even goes on discord and tries to harass me on there as well, and also messages most of my friends and viewers I dont understand why but he really has issues. I really hope some sort of action is taken because this is just sad, if anyone has tips please help!

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you block every user you saw posting the negative comments?
Is the same user doing this to your discord server too? Reason I ask is you can show same user names doing patterns on different platforms when reaching out to each...

OP
OP
D

DogsInAction

Did you block every user you saw posting the negative comments?
Is the same user doing this to your discord server too? Reason I ask is you can show same user names doing patterns on different platforms when reaching out to each...
I block them but they make a new account and just continue doing it, they really dont stop, its kinda sad but I mean whatever I have people that can block them too on streams and everything.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @DogsInAction

I don't know what the right approach is but I would probably take a page from Peter Hollens book on handling people that is hostile.

He seeks out people that are talking about him in a bad light and talks with them with love and sincerity.

For instance, he had a person that said that he only was a large YouTuber because of his looks and that he couldn't sing. And Peter answered that he could not do much with his look but usually used costumes that made it less obvious and that he was flattered that the troll though he was good looking. Lastly, he addressed the singing part that he probably was good enough and still trained on getting better. But singing in the choir for 10 years and then doing a lot of collaborations he learned a lot of things but there are still things to learn and we are never perfect.

I don't want to have toxicity in my community because I want it to be open for seekers but I would probably try to talk with someone that feels lonely enough to spend his / her day making my viewers experience worse. Perhaps they just want to talk.

Best regards
Daniel

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters
OP
OP
D

DogsInAction

Hi @DogsInAction

I don't know what the right approach is but I would probably take a page from Peter Hollens book on handling people that is hostile.

He seeks out people that are talking about him in a bad light and talks with them with love and sincerity.

For instance, he had a person that said that he only was a large YouTuber because of his looks and that he couldn't sing. And Peter answered that he could not do much with his look but usually used costumes that made it less obvious and that he was flattered that the troll though he was good looking. Lastly, he addressed the singing part that he probably was good enough and still trained on getting better. But singing in the choir for 10 years and then doing a lot of collaborations he learned a lot of things but there are still things to learn and we are never perfect.

I don't want to have toxicity in my community because I want it to be open for seekers but I would probably try to talk with someone that feels lonely enough to spend his / her day making my viewers experience worse. Perhaps they just want to talk.

Best regards
Daniel
Thank You I'll check that out maybe

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Being a drama reporter i get it, there's a lot of annoying people
usually i automatically hold every comment for review. sorry they are doing that to you mate. i'd have your discord set on to manual entry with verification bots (for me, i use rover) so that way i can see who enters my discord server and doesn't. If they have left comments on your channel that include threatening swear words, you can usually report this directly to YouTube using the report channel feature. on the report channel feature, it will give you a list of comments (blocked or not) from said people that you can report. it's worth a shot. If they are raiding you that's against discord TOS. good luck and i hope you get this resolved.

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
Being a drama reporter i get it, there's a lot of annoying people
usually i automatically hold every comment for review. sorry they are doing that to you mate. i'd have your discord set on to manual entry with verification bots (for me, i use rover) so that way i can see who enters my discord server and doesn't. If they have left comments on your channel that include threatening swear words, you can usually report this directly to YouTube using the report channel feature. on the report channel feature, it will give you a list of comments (blocked or not) from said people that you can report. it's worth a shot. If they are raiding you that's against discord TOS. good luck and i hope you get this resolved.
Thanks for the advice on the rover app and all. Appreciate the direction for those situations.

Hi @DogsInAction

Best regards
Daniel
Killing with kindness doesn't always work with idiots but defiantly a great strategy.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Whew, that is a tough one. Ive seen this... and ive seen it with people whom have nearly a hundred accounts and multiple computers. And there is very little people can do about it.

This is a battle of attrition; it is a test to see who can last the longest. It feeds his ego every time you respond, so dont ever respond. Continue to block and delete his comments. Continue to report his accounts. This will simply come down to who can last the longest.

Sadly this is an issue that is hard to combat. But on the bright side these crazies only start appearing once you are beginning to show signs of success. So congratulations on that! You dont exist until you own a troll!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I block them but they make a new account and just continue doing it, they really dont stop, its kinda sad but I mean whatever I have people that can block them too on streams and everything.

Unfortunatly you've given that person exactly what they wanted... a reaction. I took a breif look at your videos and you've hidden the like to dislike ratio which is probably the best. Likes and dislikes don't mean anything and they're only disliking because they want to upset them. They've seen it upsets you, so you've given them what they want. It sounds like it's probably someone from your school, or a friend of someone at your school, or maybe some other kid, it seems like teenagers on YouTube will always be a fickle bunch depending on the community and I really wouldn't worry about it.

Now I'm not saying what they're doing is okay, but you also need to understand that some people are just jerks and you're always going to encounter theses people through all walks of life. If you find success on YouTube, chances are the amount of haters you encounter will grow as that's just the nature with online it seems.

All you can do is ignore it and not let it bother you. Easier said then done, but generally if you don't let things bother you, the people harassing you probably will get bored eventually and will mature when they get older. And if they don't... you just ignore it.

• Love