• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review How can I improve on my channel to become more popular?

01FrozenFuze

User name: 01FrozenFuze
Title of thread: How can I improve on my channel to become more popular?
Self review: I want to make my channel more interesting and get more popular on YouTube. I am trying to make my channel like how the other large youtubers have set up their channels. I am also editing my videos and making them more interesting by adding different sound effects to make the video more interesting like most youtubers that I am watching. I am also playing games that most other youtubers get a lot of views in hope that I will get others to find my video on that game. I am also making my thumbnails and making them interesting to get people to watch my videos. Anything that I should improve about my channel to make it more popular would be greatly appreciated?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnIbm0w9YksDqKmrGY2eJQ?
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28143/

Reactions: Niña Babaran

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Banner doesn't tell me what your niche is
About page should be redone
Thumbnail text isn't well contrasted with bg [should be improved]
description should be utilised properly

end screens are used .... info cards should also be used

All the best on your journey

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: 01FrozenFuze
Title of thread: How can I improve on my channel to become more popular?
Self review: I want to make my channel more interesting and get more popular on YouTube. I am trying to make my channel like how the other large youtubers have set up their channels. I am also editing my videos and making them more interesting by adding different sound effects to make the video more interesting like most youtubers that I am watching. I am also playing games that most other youtubers get a lot of views in hope that I will get others to find my video on that game. I am also making my thumbnails and making them interesting to get people to watch my videos. Anything that I should improve about my channel to make it more popular would be greatly appreciated?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnIbm0w9YksDqKmrGY2eJQ?
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28143/
Ok, first things first, what niche are you targeting? Channel art is a very good chance of displaying what your channel is all about, that way potential subscribers know what to expect from you, but as it stands no one will know what your channel is about, and going through your videos, the titles are all over the place, some are about drawing, some are about gaming, and thereΓÇÖs no clean and clear format for them, as a potential subscriber if I see that I donΓÇÖt subscribe, and lastly the thumbnails could do with a cleaner format, these are just my observations, of course others will have different ideas on this matter, but youΓÇÖd definitely want to clean things up a bit, good luck.

OP
OP
01FrozenFuze

01FrozenFuze

Ok, first things first, what niche are you targeting? Channel art is a very good chance of displaying what your channel is all about, that way potential subscribers know what to expect from you, but as it stands no one will know what your channel is about, and going through your videos, the titles are all over the place, some are about drawing, some are about gaming, and thereΓÇÖs no clean and clear format for them, as a potential subscriber if I see that I donΓÇÖt subscribe, and lastly the thumbnails could do with a cleaner format, these are just my observations, of course others will have different ideas on this matter, but youΓÇÖd definitely want to clean things up a bit, good luck.

Thanks @DamoΓÇÖs Paintings I will go and try to fix things up. The things that I have Bold and Underlined is to get my attention to those points. Thanks for the advice!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, dude :) Just dropping in for a channel review. Remember to take everything with a grain of salt.

If you're looking for a more in-depth view of your video, I recommend creating another thread for it ;)

1594417362217.png

First things first, the banner. Now, I know what your channel is about because I'm familiar with VTubers. However, people who aren't familiar might be confused about what the channel's about just from the banner. I have also checked this on mobile and the middle texts + your avatar could be more centered. Currently, it's a bit too left-sided.

In your About page, you do describe your channel but remember that most people will only look at the banner.

Thumbnails:
1594418176907.png

I don't know a lot of the games you're playing, so my first impression on these thumbnails is that I'm confused. Some of the thumbnails, I have an issue reading the text, whether because it blends into the picture, or it goes off-screen/hidden behind the time. The texts are often too small to read, especially the video about Overwatch.

A simple white text with strokes does the charm. If you do use colored text, try to make the color contrast to the background. I like the gradient effect on the border, but the text should stay a single color. Speaking of the border, are you color-coding it by any chance? Or are the colors chosen on a whim?

1594418786998.png

The thumbnails made three months ago on Jolly 3, I personally find them better. Though you'll have to consult with your analytics (CTR & Impressions) on which style of thumbnails are performing better. These thumbnails are simple. It has the title of the game, a focus of interest, and your reaction.

I recommend make a new layer of the interest (for example, the Jolly 3 thumbnails, you could make a new layer of the animatronics) and put a glow/shadow/strokes to make it pop more in the thumbnails. You could even make it 'pop' out of the border.

On to the titles, I know a lot of people do this where they write the compelling bits before the searchable bits. Especially big YouTubers, however, they can get away with this because of their sheer size. Small channels, on the other hand, don't have that luxury. So the title should be the searchable bit then the compelling bit.

For example: Instead of "There is a 9 foot tall RAT after me walking around!【FNAF Broken Dreams】", it should be "FNAF Broken Dreams | There is a 9 foot tall RAT after me!" or something similar.

1594424873955.png

The descriptions should have the keyword in the first two lines as YouTube will be looking for it in search. So you should mention 'FNAF Broken Dreams' in the description. A channel I enjoy watching who does his SEO well (albeit he focuses more on the searchable bits lol) is CJUGames.

I am also playing games that most other youtubers get a lot of views in hope that I will get others to find my video on that game.
Are you also doing research on these games? Check who you're competing against, what is the search volume, how are other people optimizing their videos, etc.

Remember that this niche you're in is very competitive, especially when it comes to more popular games. People often see big YouTubers and forget that some of them have started their channel YEARS before their initial fame. Currently, your channel is still relatively 'new' as your oldest video is from four months ago. I assume there might've been other videos but those are either deleted or privatized. Keep improving your SEO strategies and content. Most importantly, keep uploading :)

Here's a great video that uses the data we've collected from TubeBuddy and show the averages of subscribers vs uploads.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvagUOsR4A

OP
OP
01FrozenFuze

01FrozenFuze

Thanks so much @Ikerot I really do appreciate the time and effort that you have put in to helping me get more views and sub on my channel! I really do appreciate it! I will try to start working on improvements as soon as possible when I do get the time. To answer your question about weather I color code. I use a gradient for my borders and text, so I think that is color coding.