• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy I am LEGEND!

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
And not just self-proclaimed this time! I've just upgraded to TubeBuddy Legend, from my the Star Level. So why write this Forum Post/Blog??

Well, it's not to brag, it's just to kind of share my recent findings over the last few months.

I have been a Legend before, many months ago, probably a year ago now, and I'll be honest, I upgraded more for vanity, than for necessity. I didn't really get how the Legend level tools would help me. NOW. Months down the line, I totally get it.
Over the last 6 months, I've also been flirting with VidIQ and Morning Fame. And while I have finally settled on TubeBuddy as my one and only YouTube Tool, both other platforms not only offered DIFFERENT Tools which I kind of liked, but they did actually teach me how to use TubeBuddy more to my Advantage.

Morning Fame for example; is Brilliant. I like the way they use a grading system. But it kind of leaves the vital element of trusting your gut instincts to one side...and a potential direction that you want to head in. Morning Fame would strongly urge you NOT to hit up certain keyphrases in favour of "Better" keyphrases. Well my channel has never got masses of views out of the block, but I know that certain videos will kick on 3-6 months down the line as long as I can hit certain niches. Morning Fame didn't allow for me to do that. It wanted to focus on just one route. And what I've found, sticking to Morning Fame rigidly, those Videos haven't kicked off in the same way as using TubeBuddy would do.

But those months using Morning Fame and VidIQ gave me more knowledge and an all-round bigger picture of how I should be using TubeBuddy.
Within a Day of being on Legend (well 3 hours to be precise as I've been asleep for the last 8 hours!), I've;
  • Got almost 50 Keyphrases that I'm constantly now measuring my Videos against. Seeing where they rank, the weekly changes...and have scarily found I have at least 5 Videos ranking 1 or 2 in Google!!
  • I've got my Competitors set up to kind of keep a good eye on their strategy and also I know if they do certain videos, I can do certain videos that will actually help us both in the long run.
  • I've got Split Tests going. I LOVE my Thumbnails. I think they really pop, especially in my niche. BUT. Some of my CTRs have dropped to less than 3% so I need to find out if that's purely due to keyword strategy under Morning Fame, or whether it is actually the Thumbnails.
  • I'm spending a few hours today deep diving in the Retention page... because I actually think some of my Retention is low, simply because of the Keyword and Strategy Morning Fame was pushing me down. So I'm going to retitle, retag some of those Videos using TubeBuddy to see what a difference they make.
  • The one thing I REALLY loved about Morning Fame was their upload method...and low and behold, I didn't actually realise TubeBuddy had the new SEO Studio. How I missed that, I don't know!
And all that's just for starters.

But the most important thing, is that I've learned to Trust my Gut.

Because while Morning Fame and TubeBuddy gave me Poor scores for certain Keyphrases I want to attack, Tubebuddy at least allowed me to run with that and enable to Tag up a video better. Boys and Girls, if you've been at this a while and you've started to form Gut Instincts about Topics, then STICK TO THEM. Don't be put off by a few Reds or low Scores. Some of the best Videos I've done using Tubebuddy have actually scored less than 20. But as long as the Search Volume is there, and you use the Tags correctly, 3 months down the line, they'll be getting 1000s of views a week. My second biggest Video on my channel now with 33k views...actually originally scored me 11 in Tubebuddy. And Morning Fame still gives the Topics Fs. Even though I've now got 3 videos in that topic, all ranking in the top 5 of that Search Phrase, all with over 10k views.

So thank you TubeBuddy!!

(A little bit self-indulgent, but I hope the message behind it helps people to grow)

Oh... and just to add to today's celebration... I've just literally got an Email fro YT saying I'm Todays "Creator on the Rise" and I'm trending/in the explore Tab for the next 24 hours. I assume UK only, but HOLY SH&TBALLS... diving into my analytics, within 20 mins, my views have SKY-ROCKETED. Arrrrgghhhh!!! Today could get Messy!!!

AlexMagana

Subscriber Goal
And not just self-proclaimed this time! I've just upgraded to TubeBuddy Legend, from my the Star Level. So why write this Forum Post/Blog??

Well, it's not to brag, it's just to kind of share my recent findings over the last few months.

I have been a Legend before, many months ago, probably a year ago now, and I'll be honest, I upgraded more for vanity, than for necessity. I didn't really get how the Legend level tools would help me. NOW. Months down the line, I totally get it.
Over the last 6 months, I've also been flirting with VidIQ and Morning Fame. And while I have finally settled on TubeBuddy as my one and only YouTube Tool, both other platforms not only offered DIFFERENT Tools which I kind of liked, but they did actually teach me how to use TubeBuddy more to my Advantage.

Morning Fame for example; is Brilliant. I like the way they use a grading system. But it kind of leaves the vital element of trusting your gut instincts to one side...and a potential direction that you want to head in. Morning Fame would strongly urge you NOT to hit up certain keyphrases in favour of "Better" keyphrases. Well my channel has never got masses of views out of the block, but I know that certain videos will kick on 3-6 months down the line as long as I can hit certain niches. Morning Fame didn't allow for me to do that. It wanted to focus on just one route. And what I've found, sticking to Morning Fame rigidly, those Videos haven't kicked off in the same way as using TubeBuddy would do.

But those months using Morning Fame and VidIQ gave me more knowledge and an all-round bigger picture of how I should be using TubeBuddy.
Within a Day of being on Legend (well 3 hours to be precise as I've been asleep for the last 8 hours!), I've;
  • Got almost 50 Keyphrases that I'm constantly now measuring my Videos against. Seeing where they rank, the weekly changes...and have scarily found I have at least 5 Videos ranking 1 or 2 in Google!!
  • I've got my Competitors set up to kind of keep a good eye on their strategy and also I know if they do certain videos, I can do certain videos that will actually help us both in the long run.
  • I've got Split Tests going. I LOVE my Thumbnails. I think they really pop, especially in my niche. BUT. Some of my CTRs have dropped to less than 3% so I need to find out if that's purely due to keyword strategy under Morning Fame, or whether it is actually the Thumbnails.
  • I'm spending a few hours today deep diving in the Retention page... because I actually think some of my Retention is low, simply because of the Keyword and Strategy Morning Fame was pushing me down. So I'm going to retitle, retag some of those Videos using TubeBuddy to see what a difference they make.
  • The one thing I REALLY loved about Morning Fame was their upload method...and low and behold, I didn't actually realise TubeBuddy had the new SEO Studio. How I missed that, I don't know!

Because while Morning Fame and TubeBuddy gave me Poor scores for certain Keyphrases I want to attack, Tubebuddy at least allowed me to run with that and enable to Tag up a video better. Boys and Girls, if you've been at this a while and you've started to form Gut Instincts about Topics, then STICK TO THEM. Don't be put off by a few Reds or low Scores. Some of the best Videos I've done using Tubebuddy have actually scored less than 20. But as long as the Search Volume is there, and you use the Tags correctly, 3 months down the line, they'll be getting 1000s of views a week. My second biggest Video on my channel now with 33k views...actually originally scored me 11 in Tubebuddy. And Morning Fame still gives the Topics Fs. Even though I've now got 3 videos in that topic, all ranking in the top 5 of that Search Phrase, all with over 10k views.

So thank you TubeBuddy!!

(A little bit self-indulgent, but I hope the message behind it helps people to grow)

Oh... and just to add to today's celebration... I've just literally got an Email fro YT saying I'm Todays "Creator on the Rise" and I'm trending/in the explore Tab for the next 24 hours. I assume UK only, but HOLY SH&TBALLS... diving into my analytics, within 20 mins, my views have SKY-ROCKETED. Arrrrgghhhh!!! Today could get Messy!!!
[/ so inspiring of yours, soon I will upgrade mine to Legend, thank you

I will soon upgrade my star to legend, I want to experience the skyrocketed too...

Upgraded done to Legend, wohohhhh

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
I've just literally got an Email fro YT saying I'm Todays "Creator on the Rise" and I'm trending/in the explore Tab for the next 24 hours.

I just want to be one of the people that says CONGRATULATIONS! You have worked for it, and it paid off.

I'm a PRO user of Tubebuddy, and I've looked at the Star features that might benefit me, I don't look at competitors as I see them more as collaborators, but perhaps in the future, a Legend license makes sense.

I like this post as it gives insights in how you use the tooling, I think more people should share their experience of using Tubebuddy, that will give us insight in how some of the more obscure tools can be used.

I've watched all the official videos, but I can't say that I understand the benefit of all the tools, more examples from real channels will probably make that clear.

Best regards
Daniel

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User

So thank you TubeBuddy!!

congrats on the progress and all the best for the future

• Love
Reactions: AlexMagana

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Steve the (Legendary) Barman! Congrats, that's awesome, enjoy the ride and you definitely make me more tempted to upgrade to Legend at some point soon... Pro and its Keyword Explorer and SEO Studio are awesome tools, but I'd love the A/B testing and other Legend stuff for our channel I'm sure.

AlexMagana

Subscriber Goal

So thank you TubeBuddy!!

Because of that I upgraded my Star license to Legend, I want to feel that SKY-ROCKETED to my channel