• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Research Tags?

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
So anyone can answer this
I saw a post saying that this lady got x amount of views thanks to TubeBuddy.
so when you get suggested keywords do you put ones with numbers in and is it higher the number the better?
Just need some advice before I record my next video and edit it?
If so ive been doing it all wrong
warm regards
Raith

Reactions: SagarVISHNOI

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
I believe the color(Green, Red, or Orange) determines how good the keyword is and the numbers determine where that tag ranks in search results. I'm still trying to understand this fully as well so please anyone that knows more please share!

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
I believe the color(Green, Red, or Orange) determines how good the keyword is and the numbers determine where that tag ranks in search results. I'm still trying to understand this fully as well so please anyone that knows more please share!
Um... I meant to say in the tags bit in your yt uploads

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
Are you talking about the suggested when you are getting ready to upload the video? its like Midas said you have to look at the color to determine if a particular tag is right for you. Stick to greens and yellow.

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Are you talking about the suggested when you are getting ready to upload the video? its like Midas said you have to look at the color to determine if a particular tag is right for you. Stick to greens and yellow.
I know and your both right but... that's not what im asking, I have my target keywords... but to bulk up your tags do you add more keywords that has numbers or not to?

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
I know and your both right but... that's not what im asking, I have my target keywords... but to bulk up your tags do you add more keywords that has numbers or not to?
Can you give an example. I don't think I am understanding. Do you mean like having a tag called tubebuddy tutorial vrs tubebuddy tutorial 2020

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Can you give an example. I don't think I am understanding. Do you mean like having a tag called TubeBuddy tutorial vrs TubeBuddy tutorial 2020
so ive done the initial keyword that im targeting but I want to expand and bulk up my keywords do i then add more
1594153785065.png

but only the numbered ones or not????

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, you can add as much as you want. The numbers are good ones to add but the colors underneath each one represent how good of a tag it is to rank for. so you would want to use up the greens and the yellows before the orange and the red or ones without any numbers. Just use up as many tags as you can but focus on the good(green & yellow) ones first.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
just a little above to the snap, you will find this written

"where this video ranks in Youtube Search Results"

1594228291190.png

which means ..if the keyword has "5" (and green) , then your video will appear on 5th position if searched by that keyword.

target green coloured and low numbers
1 - firstplace
2- second place

so on..

hope this is what you are asking for.

Reactions: originalraith

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
As @Midas says, try to use Green as much as possible in those Tags. BUT, the caveat is, make them relevant. Sometimes I'll deliberately ignore some of the green tags because they are really not super relevant...so I'd rather focus on tags that will bring in the right traffic, as opposed to tags that will possibly only get you 30-second views or a lower CTR. If you're showing up for something that isn't relevant, it's only going to drive your CTR down. So in some cases, RED can be better than GREEN.

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Yep all makes sense now, thank you everyone this forum is much better than reddit!
peace @Andrew you can close this,unless youve got anymore to add?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
As @Midas says, try to use Green as much as possible in those Tags. BUT, the caveat is, make them relevant. Sometimes I'll deliberately ignore some of the green tags because they are really not super relevant...so I'd rather focus on tags that will bring in the right traffic, as opposed to tags that will possibly only get you 30-second views or a lower CTR. If you're showing up for something that isn't relevant, it's only going to drive your CTR down. So in some cases, RED can be better than GREEN.

Always use relevant tags. Tags help earn views by other spellings people used to find your content which let's YOU as the creator know how people are finding your content. Adding other ways that are RELEVANT that people typed and found you is a GREAT way to earn more views :)

helma

www.exploremiamiboatrental.com
Subscriber Goal
just a little above to the snap, you will find this written

"where this video ranks in Youtube Search Results"

View attachment 6447

which means ..if the keyword has "5" (and green) , then your video will appear on 5th position if searched by that keyword.

target green coloured and low numbers
1 - firstplace
2- second place

so on..

hope this is what you are asking for.
Thank you!