• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Do i wait to upload videos?

MrVoidable

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So, i'm starting my YouTube channel up again, and i haven't uploaded anything yet.

Was wondering if i should record and edit multiple videos, then start uploading?

nathanielong

designatestudio.com
Subscriber Goal
I would suggest to just start! Figure out a schedule that works for you and commit to that. It's important to get the ball rolling and focus on improving each video every time. We try to get stuff perfect, but in reality things will not be perfect the first time, so I think you should not worry about that too much. Also, you'll get to figure out more stuff along the way that you can apply in the next video.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I would just get started. If you plan on publishing a video a week upload the first one and keep at it. Once you get your first 20 you should start seeing growth from there.

Reactions: MrVoidable

DogsInAction

Heres my opinion, Its really up to you, usually I edit my video, then use the scheduling feature as it's a way better way to upload. Heres why the scheduling feature, takes time for it to be public but once the video is public it would usually or mostly be the full quality so the viewers would stay on the video and be able to watch it in full quality.

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
I would say it depends on various factors including the subject matter and how long each video is going to take to produce, edit and polish as well as your publishing schedule.
Personally I'd always (where possible) have the next 1 or 2 videos due to be released all ready to go; so as an example:

I release video 12 (but I also have videos 13 and 14 ready) and I start work on video 15. If 15 takes me a bit longer or there's a delay for any reason then I'm still going to be able to stick to my schedule by releasing 13.....I look at it like a safety net.

Whilst getting going in the first place is of course vitally important there's also the situation where if you release your first video, get very few views (you're new so it may well happen like this) then if you've already got another 2 videos in the bag you can release them as scheduled which starts to show you as a regular content provider and views and subscribers will start to go up (hopefully)....if you do one, release it and then not much happens it can be difficult mentally to keep on going and many people just give up, not understanding why their content didn't get 'discovered' and go viral...

Good luck.

JoshKimche

I've just uploaded when I finish them, sometimes a couple a week, sometimes once a week. In the early days of your channel I don't think you need to have a set upload day. I haven't built up a loyal fan base yet

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi @MrVoidable

As many have said, there could be useful to have a buffer. At the moment I have two video ideas ready, I've done the research both into the subject and keywords, thumbnails, and tags. So I just need to record them. Other than that, I have eight videos scheduled for a rainy day. I keep pushing them back as I want the new content to get out faster, but if I get sick, I know that there will be videos published.

I had a time when I broke my arm and had a hard time recording video, then I didn't have a buffer, so a lovely friend recorded a video for me. (He is the reason I started my channel he pushed me to do it, so I have him to thank for a lot.)

So, create videos, get them out there if you have the luxury to create a buffer. Do that to feel free to create with inspiration, and if there is a rainy day, then you at least have a new video.

I hope this helps

Best regards
Daniel

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
my opinion is start . otherwise you may tend to procrastinate. the first upload will keep you motivated to upload more .

Note: Based on my experience. I kept procrastinating to upload at the right time and months went on. One day I decided to upload and then I went on .. so far 51 videos done . :)

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
As an procastinator that I am just start out or if u delay it further it won't happen so starting out is the best option

OP
OP
MrVoidable

MrVoidable

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you all for your comments and advice! i took your advice and uploaded my first video in 4 years, I've recorded about 3 more videos worth and just editing them now. :)