• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Should Youtube do this?

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
You have to think of YouTube as a middle man between content creators and people who are using YouTube to watch content. YouTube is trying to match up your content, with someone who wants to watch it. If your content or my content is not good, YouTube is not going to recommend it, because they want to keep that viewer on their platform for an extended period of time. If YouTube recommends a bunch of content that is not good to a person, they will switch off YouTube for another platform and potentially never come back.

It is hard at first, but focus on little things to make your video better each time. Over time, YouTube will start to see more people are enjoying it and will slowly start sending it to more and more of its viewers.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
When you say 'lower vid' am a little confused. Do you mean vid that is low quality or from new YouTubers? I think which one it might be, YouTube is more interested in getting people to their platform and making sure they stay. So they will always rank videos from trusted Creators that they trust their content and people wnat to wtach. As you grow your channel, you will notice that the matirc chnages when pwoplw watch your content more. Hang in there and keep making sure your content is good.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube caters to the viewer. Some "lower" videos are horribly made, and this is sometimes reflected in the audience retention. If a video only has 5% audience retention, people weren't interested in watching. If a video has high audience retention, more people watch it, thus wouldn't it make sense to push THOSE videos? And generally it's those videos that are made to rank higher anyway.

Reactions: Damon

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt support this idea, just imagine if YouTube did promote these low videos, a bit like trying to promote microwaved fish n chips from a week ago as opposed to fresh high quality fish n chips, which one would you take?

YouTube encourages creators to make high quality videos and be serious about it, itΓÇÖs a good way to separate the serious creators that are in it for the looooong ride from those that just want to get big quickly from a handful of mediocre videos.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello , I was just thinking Youtube should be easier.

Life Mistake #1. Life is not easy. Why should YouTube be?

Maybe make lower vids rank higher?

Life Mistake #2. Why should low quality, low performing videos be ranked higher than higher quality, higher performing videos?

Life Lesson #1: You are not rewarded based on the fact that you uploaded a video to YouTube. You are only rewarded based on the value of your video to both viewers and advertisers. If you think YouTube should be easier, then you aren't cut out for this. If you think YouTube is hard, you'd better not join the Marines.

Life Lesson #2: You are not entitled to success just because you showed up.

• Love
Reactions: kalaspuffar

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Life Mistake #1. Life is not easy. Why should YouTube be?

Life Mistake #2. Why should low quality, low performing videos be ranked higher than higher quality, higher performing videos?

Life Lesson #1: You are not rewarded based on the fact that you uploaded a video to YouTube. You are only rewarded based on the value of your video to both viewers and advertisers. If you think YouTube should be easier, then you aren't cut out for this. If you think YouTube is hard, you'd better not join the Marines.

Life Lesson #2: You are not entitled to success just because you showed up.

Life Lesson #3: thereΓÇÖs only one place where success comes before work (does dictionary come to mind??). You want success, you gotta work for it first.

Note: Millionaires didnΓÇÖt achieve their success by saying ΓÇ£this/that should be easierΓÇ¥

By the way @Damon, well said, more and more small creators need to read your message daily.

• Love

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
Agreed, I don't think lower videos should rank higher. Wanting to rank is actually a good motivator to get people wanting to improve their content. Nobody wants to sit there and watch a bad video and while I understand that there are good videos out there that are not ranking as high, with a little tweaking they can get picked up by the algorithm

• Love

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I do wish newer channels or lesser known ones could get out there more. But it does require hard work and you will see growth over time. Even just sharing your videos on other social networks should help you see a boost over time.