• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Bad quality screen recording

JoshKimche

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've discovered that when I try and record my computer screen with a screen recording sofwear when I go to edit, the quality is really bad. Not sure what to do about it.
Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Keeping up with the

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I haven't used Bandicam in a long time. Have you checked your settings?

I'd also recommend googling about this Bandicam issue as other people might have had the same problem :)

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Bandicamp and the specs are 4gb of Ram not sure what else you need
4gb or Ram is probably going to be a HUGE bottleneck for you considering for content creation, 16gb is more the minimum, so part of me thinks your software is automatically compressing and reducing quality just to allow for the very limited Ram you have.

I use OBS to record my screen and it works amazingly. OBS automatically adjusts the settings to match your computer specs. Maybe try obs instead? plus its free
With 4gb of Ram, I'm unsure how helpful OBS is going to be in this regard. Unless I'm wrong about Ram being important for screen recording

OP
OP
JoshKimche

JoshKimche

I use OBS to record my screen and it works amazingly. OBS automatically adjusts the settings to match your computer specs. Maybe try obs instead? plus its free

Okay I'll test it out but now I'm not so certain. Can't afford better at the moment but hopefully soon

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm using OBS too and think its one of the easieast to record on. But as far as editing goes I use the adobe cloud and premiere. Unfortuantely I dont think you can be productive with the ram you got to take advantage of all their cloud softaware tools.

Reactions: JoshKimche

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
4gb or Ram is probably going to be a HUGE bottleneck for you considering for content creation, 16gb is more the minimum, so part of me thinks your software is automatically compressing and reducing quality just to allow for the very limited Ram you have.

With 4gb of Ram, I'm unsure how helpful OBS is going to be in this regard. Unless I'm wrong about Ram being important for screen recording

@Beanie Draws is spot on here. 4gb of Ram has to be like 10 years old or even older, like 15+ years old?

Are you sure its not 4gb of video card ram? (VRAM) What's your processor (CPU)?

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Recording can be very CPU intensive, so if you have something like a dual core or below it's obviously going to perform terribly. If you have a desktop computer, i suggest upgrading your ram to 16 GB because that will give you the ideal amount of performance while also being above the requirement of 8 gb ram for most games.

martheneilson

on the off chance that you have something like a double center or underneath it's clearly going to perform horrendously. On the off chance that you have a work station, I propose overhauling your slam to 16 GB since that will give you the perfect measure of execution while additionally being over the necessity of 8 gb smash for most games.