• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Keyword comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsteoShiatsu

Hi,

Just starting with TubeBuddy.

When hesitating between 2 keywords, what's the right methodology to follow to make the right choice?

Concretely speaking, is there a feature enabling to have a comparison between 2 keywords, even an overview comparison?
You know, just like GoogleTrendsenable you to compare the trends for different keywords.

If it does not exist, that'd be a killer feature.
Anyway, what's the best way for me to do this today?

Thank you.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Answered here.

To get more out of TB I'd recommend trying a free trial so you can get access to that weighted score. Thread closed no need for 2 threads asking the same thing. https://tubebuddy.com/freetrial

Reactions: OsteoShiatsu

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
I would say pick the one that has the best score for you. I don't believe you can compare 2 keywords at the same time within tubebuddy, but it would be a nice feature to have

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
Thanks for yor reply. I listed the score for 3 keywords here: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30506/#post-89427
Which one would you choose please?
Just based on your graph I would say KW 1 because it is giving you a very good score, but you also need to look at how many video results that particular KW provides. if its in the millions and you are still a relatively small channel it might still be too competitive and you can keep playing around with it.

OP
OP
OsteoShiatsu

OsteoShiatsu

So you would just trust the TubeBuddy socre, lol. I was abotu to make the same choice.

You said: you also need to look at how many video results that particular KW provides

Where can you check that? See the screenshot of the YT search results and what the Keyword stats are saying:

1594061357396.png

Also, sorry to add one more question: If you look on my screenshot on https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30506/#post-89427, you'll see that...
... for the keyword 3, they display 192k searches per month
... for the 2 other w=keywords, they display NOTHING.

Should I then go for Keyword 3?
How can I know what the potential is for Keyword 1? Number of searches per month?

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
So you would just trust the TubeBuddy socre, lol. I was abotu to make the same choice.

You said: you also need to look at how many video results that particular KW provides

Where can you check that? See the screenshot of the YT search results and what the Keyword stats are saying:

View attachment 6423

Also, sorry to add one more question: If you look on my screenshot on https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30506/#post-89427, you'll see that...
... for the 2 other w=keywords, they display NOTHING.

Should I then go for Keyword 3?
How can I know what the potential is for Keyword 1? Number of searches per month?
You want something that has a high search volume, meaning a lot of people are interested in the topic but that also has low competition, so not too many videos on the subject. You have to experiment with long tail keywords because for example entrepreneurship would be a keyword that has high search volume but it would be a poor score for me because my channel is too small to rank for that keyword so you need to turn it into a long tail keyword. As for the competition it is the video results displayed in the tubebuddy keyword explorer tool. I actually have a video on my channel that breaks this down

OP
OP
OsteoShiatsu

OsteoShiatsu

ProjectGirlBoss, I understand all that, but it does not help me choosing between the 3 keywords.
Again, whyis this:
... for the 2 other keywords, they display NOTHING.

"As for the competition it is the video results displayed in the tubebuddy keyword explorer tool."
Can you pelase sahre a screenshot of this with a sample keyword so I can find it?

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
ProjectGirlBoss, I understand all that, but it does not help me choosing between the 3 keywords.
Again, whyis this:
... for the 2 other keywords, they display NOTHING.

"As for the competition it is the video results displayed in the tubebuddy keyword explorer tool."
Can you pelase sahre a screenshot of this with a sample keyword so I can find it?
1594093693914.png

Do you see #of Video in Search Results says 10.3M, that means if I were to make a video targeting the kw entrepreneurship, my video would be competing with 10.3 million other videos. That is way to much competition. Because you have the free version you might be limited in the data you see but for the search volume you can still use the bar graph as guide. You pretty much want to stay from yellow to green. Orange and Red not the best keyword to pick. The score TB gives you is just a guide you have to take into account your channel size but generally yes, you want to trust a score that is good or better.

OP
OP
OsteoShiatsu

OsteoShiatsu

Thanks so much. Much clearer. Indeed, I'm missing some info.

Evey after reading your explanation, I'm still hesitating between Keyword 1 and Keyword 2.
Keyword 1 has an ORANGE level in terms of Search volumes when Keyword 1 is super GREEN.
Keyword 1 is GREEN in terms of competition when Keyword 2 is RED.

I guess you are going to tell me GO FOR Keyword 1, right?
Eve if is there is a HUUUUGE number of videos, like 870k???

KEYWORD 1
1594117484070.png

KEYWORD 2
1594117500514.png

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Answered here.

To get more out of TB I'd recommend trying a free trial so you can get access to that weighted score. Thread closed no need for 2 threads asking the same thing. https://tubebuddy.com/freetrial

Reactions: OsteoShiatsu
Status
Not open for further replies.