• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Impressions leading to watch time?

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

Relatively new channel here, since April 2020.
I was checking my analytics on my latest video I posted on Wednesday and noticed its underperforming compared to my other videos.
Attaching my screenshot of impressions and what leads to watch time... is this poor metrics? Mind you I'm relatively new... but like I said this vid is not up to par compared to my other vids.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 7.56.09 AM.png

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You need to work hard on your thumbnail and the title in order to improve the chance of a viewer clicking

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
You need to work hard on your thumbnail and the title in order to improve the chance of a viewer clicking
Apparently the CTR is 10.3%. That's pretty good, actually. I would take a look at CTR over time though since it can fluctuate a lot if you don't have many views.
The average view time of 1:57 on a 2:40 video is also pretty good.

The only thing that seems to need some work is SEO. Only 2.4% of views came from YouTube search, that's not a lot. 9.5% for browse features is acceptable, but you can go much higher here. Changing tags could lead to the video being recommended more often.

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Apparently the CTR is 10.3%. That's pretty good, actually. I would take a look at CTR over time though since it can fluctuate a lot if you don't have many views.
The average view time of 1:57 on a 2:40 video is also pretty good.

The only thing that seems to need some work is SEO. Only 2.4% of views came from YouTube search, that's not a lot. 9.5% for browse features is acceptable, but you can go much higher here. Changing tags could lead to the video being recommended more often.

Thanks Dr. Pixel! Ive been struggling with SEO and finding the right tags. I'm using Google Keyword Planner and TubeBuddy's keyword tool, but its been difficult to increase interest. I'll keep trying though.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Thanks Dr. Pixel! Ive been struggling with SEO and finding the right tags. I'm using Google Keyword Planner and TubeBuddy's keyword tool, but its been difficult to increase interest. I'll keep trying though.
Yeah, my SEO hasn't been great so far, but that's why we are here, to learn and share!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

Relatively new channel here, since April 2020.
I was checking my analytics on my latest video I posted on Wednesday and noticed its underperforming compared to my other videos.
Attaching my screenshot of impressions and what leads to watch time... is this poor metrics? Mind you I'm relatively new... but like I said this vid is not up to par compared to my other vids.

Thanks for any suggestions.
View attachment 6376

This video can help with SEO: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31697/

Stone soup might not be the most searched, but you are doing well from external and channel pages. The problem is with 97 impressions that means 97 people saw it of that 97 10% clicked and watched meaning roughly around 9 views :X