• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How can I get more watch hours?

Zane544YT

Subscriber Goal
I have a question to ask and its shown on the title. Any ideas you like to share so I can somewhat improve. Here is HOW far I am in the attachment.

Although I have over 11k views, I still don't get as much watch hours.
I will be very happy if you drop your ideas. Thanks

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-03 211226.png
    Annotation 2020-07-03 211226.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Sad
Reactions: OFFBEAT Academy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're getting views, but not the watch time, then that clearly means you need to improve your content, and that takes time.

Do you encage in sub for sub practices? You have 1.6k subscribers, but your videos struggle to get anywhere near 100 views. Generally if you subscribe to others, and ask to subscribe back, they won't watch your videos, they'll simply not watch your content.

I see this effect many channels who think the way to get monetised and subscribers in the beginning is to ask for subs in a sub trading fashion, but they find that no one watches the content, then they struggle to get any traction as they have a high subcount, but a low average view and even lower watch time count.

I'd recomment not worrying about subscriber count or views, and focus on the quality of your videos to make them interesting enough to keep the attention of 1 thousand people for longer than 5 minutes. That's incredibly difficult to do and is simply a matter of time and patience.

Watching your audience retention graph on a per video basis will show you when people stopped watching your video, and if it's from the very beginning of your views, that means you need to either improve the quality of your videos, or improve the quality of your subscribers, who probably AREN'T watching your content at all.

Also, monetisation isn't that important because you make next to no money from monetisation. Look into merchandise instead. That way if your videos get demonetised in the future, you'll have merchandise to back yourself up with.

HikingWithGus

Subscriber Goal
Great advice! I have always thought sub 4 sub was a bit cheesy and fake. It defeats the entire purpose of having a channel IMHO. I have had a few people come onto my channel and ask to do that. What you said Beanie makes complete sense! The trick is to have a hook much like a sales pitch. Ya gotta have something that grabs the viewer from the git go and makes them wanting more, but make sure to keep them locked into your content. Kinda like teaching a dog with treats, give them something they want, and they will be loyal and follow you everywhere.

Last edited:

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The sub 4 sub thing usually helps defeat your channel actually. YouTube's algorithm notices that not even your "subscribers" care about your content, so why should it bother to push it out to other people?

Reactions: Damon

zanderlex

TubeBuddy User
Video length plays a huge role. I noticed one of your most viewed videos is almost 2 hours long. Most people probably just watched a little or skipped to each ranking.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You have a very good backlog of videos. At this point go through all your videos and look at the ones with the longest watch time. Make more of those videos over the course of the next year, and you should see your watching increase.

Reactions: Tarot et Intuition

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone, IΓÇÖve got a question. Last week, my watch hours was 3058hours already. But when I checked it today, it is below 3000hours. I am wondering what might have happened. I am worried. Can someone help me understand this matter. Thank you so much.

Youtube verifies if each view is valid or not. If the view is not valid, it deletes it and its watch time .

This might be the cause , I am not sure.

I think you should write a new post for your Issue.

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
www.tarot-et-intuition.fr
Subscriber Goal
You have a very good backlog of videos. At this point go through all your videos and look at the ones with the longest watch time. Make more of those videos over the course of the next year, and you should see your watching increase.

Hi Damon,

I know how to find the log but for your part, how long on average people are watching your videos ? Even with a pourcentage ? (just to compare my results with others).

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have a question to ask and its shown on the title. Any ideas you like to share so I can somewhat improve. Here is HOW far I am in the attachment.

Although I have over 11k views, I still don't get as much watch hours.
I will be very happy if you drop your ideas. Thanks

I found I got more watch time through people watching my playlists which I now pin. Also if I watched a channel /video and enjoy it I leave a detailed honest comment on what was interesting and /or what I gained from it and not generic feedback. Remember the creator has put time and effort into their video. The least you can do is acknowledge this I usually watch all the way through /or a large chunk if I can at times I may mention this sometimes.
In general, they may come on to your page check it out and repay the compliment, and possibly their subscribers too, remember its got to be genuine, otherwise don't leave any comment at all -at least they gained watch time.
I have also tried to build an engaged community.

Reactions: Tarot et Intuition

nerycolon1

Familiar Member
Youtube verifies if each view is valid or not. If the view is not valid, it deletes it and its watch time.

This might be the cause, I am not sure.

I think you should write a new post for your Issue.
I went through that too until it kept going down. This happened 3 years ago. Hurricane came and from there it was downhill. I'm raising it back by 1) making more videos. 2) I'm making my video longer. At least 10 minutes. 3) Every day I go to analytics. 4)My tags are checked with Keyword Explorer. I don't know if I make it but will try to be monetized again. Good luck

kids cloud land

TubeBuddy User
To gain more watch hours you should first make their mind blow into the video!
So you should make very useful and unique content.
Also make the video decorative by including transitions, and other decorative tools.
You can also make the video funny by saying some jokes.

• Love
Reactions: Renan El Viajero

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
Make 10-minute videos, do live streams help the most due to at least one person watches a 2-hour live stream you get 2 hours from that, and all add up so if you get 40 watchers on live stream and they all stay for the whole live stream then that is 40 watch hours. If you make up to 10-minute videos chances are some people might watch your full video and you will get 10 min per person. If you live stream about 3 times a week for 1-3 hours and continue to make 10 min videos you will start to notice your progression. I also suggest you save your livstream after for others to check it out later if they missed it. or unlist the live stream so your watch hours / views stay. I suggest you also make a playlist for your videos called " All Videos " or if your a gamer put the name of the game you play for the playlist. Also How to videos always get the most watch time because they want to learn how to do it or fix something so they watch the full video and if you get 100k views on a 10 minute how to video your golden. Good Luck!

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
There are two routes either improve your video quality which is the longest and most difficult route meaning fix your microphone issues should be crystal clear; show your face even that boosts engagement and watch time automatically. However, if you want to go with the second route just upload 2 videos every day and you should average 1 minute per view that should be the goal of your 2 uploads per day strategy and trust me after 2 to 3 months you will be amazed that you will be getting more than 100+ hours per month and then later months even 500+ hours to 1000 hours per month this has been tested by me and it always works trust me. Still your choice.