• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered How to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hi,

I don't want to keep clicking on to my videos actual page on Youtube

But that seems to be the only way to get the SHARE option

Through which I can click on Reddit, Twitter, etc - and get taken to those Websites and post a link

Is there any option to do this NOT on the videos YouTube page [?] - as I fear it is hurting my 'time watched' because each time I do it... I'm in effect watching the video for 0 -1 seconds... which pulls the average time per watched down

I also guess that if I ever get monetised - it will look rather naughty

Is there a way to get to SHARE option like on the videos actual page, anywhere on the TB options?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

Through which I can click on Reddit, Twitter, etc - and get taken to those Websites and post a link

Is there any option to do this NOT on the videos YouTube page [?] - as I fear it is hurting my 'time watched' because each time I do it... I'm in effect watching the video for 0 -1 seconds... which pulls the average time per watched down

Is there a way to get to SHARE option like on the videos actual page, anywhere on the TB options?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pNGyDzaaAM

This is all of our share options through TubeBuddy.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
from my understanding YouTube changed their api which has impacted sharing of videos but there is the option for twitter and facebook it seems.
Screenshot (1680)_LI.jpg

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Thanks

Facebook I do directly on FB

So Twitter would help...

I just need to find a way to get the reddit option...

Thanks again x

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
Do you have the YouTube studio App? You can grab the video link directly from there as well and then go to the platform you want to share. I know Tubebuddy also has an easy share option right from their app and the main dashboard as well.

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hey

Yeah - I can grab the promo link from YouTube studio

But unless I am being thick [which I am sure I am]

It doesn't work the same way... on reddit - if you link via the actual YouTube page - it sets up the video thumbnail... if I go direct and put the copy/pasted link into reddit... it's just the text link

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
Hey

Yeah - I can grab the promo link from YouTube studio

But unless I am being thick [which I am sure I am]

It doesn't work the same way... on reddit - if you link via the actual YouTube page - it sets up the video thumbnail... if I go direct and put the copy/pasted link into reddit... it's just the text link
I believe if you do Link Posts on reddit it will embed the whole video and not show up as just a text link, the only drawback is I think it plays the video within reddit vrs the actual youtube app. Not 100% sure on the playback, but I have posted link posts on ready before and it shows the whole thumbnail with the option to play the video

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Yeah - it's dodgy as I think [though no one seems to know for sure] that if it plays on Reddit - you don't get the view/time

And I'm desperate for view numbers and time watched - as I have next to none of either...

Thanks for the help

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pNGyDzaaAM

This is all of our share options through TubeBuddy.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.