• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Lowest liked video... why?

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
User name: TheHappyKidShow
Title of thread: Lowest liked video... why?
Self review: I thought visually and creatively this video would have struck a positive cord with younger viewers. Even though I have 35 likes (awesome), I have 5 dislikes and I am trying to understand why. Audience retention is also at 26%, and not sure what can be done to learn from this. I know there is a part where the effects get sloppy, but I didnt think it was awful or warranted a thumb down from any user. Curious about the feedback here.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5L-1s3p9s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28941/#post-88654

Reactions: Macie

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Maybe the dislikes had nothing to do with the sloppy effects, I watched and I think from a presentation point of view, there is nothing wrong. Would the children in this video be entertained by watching this? The will be your best critics and if they are entertained by similar videos, then a lot of others will be too. You will always get people who enjoy being negative and putting thumbs down, don't worry too much about it.

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks! yeah the kids liked it and laughed at the right parts. Its hard for me to gauge it by watching them because there is a bias you can't ignore (they see themselves). I think you are right though... there are some people out there that just want to be negative. I'm not into making controversial content, so was just surprised why the negativity.

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks! yeah the kids liked it and laughed at the right parts. Its hard for me to gauge it by watching them because there is a bias you can't ignore (they see themselves). I think you are right though... there are some people out there that just want to be negative. I'm not into making controversial content, so was just surprised why the negativity.

You have 564 subscribers, this is a very good achievement, try to remember the positives also.

• Love
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for that positivity! You got a sub out of me and I appreciate the response.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Other than maybe the motorcycle scene going a little longer than it needed to, I didn't see anything inherantly wrong with it. Sometimes dislikes are done by mistake, especially if it's a kids video, and maybe it's a kid playing with the tablet while watching and they inadvertantly touched this dislike button when the parent wasn't watching.
It's not the kind of content I find interesting but I'm not the demographic :p the production is really well done and the effects, framing and greenscreen are really impressive for what's probably a lower budget than normal, and it was cool to see there was some narative story going on. I'm not great with editing and story flow so I can't speak on that, but I do see your videos having good potential as the production value looks high enough.

At the end of the day though, I don't think for your type of channel, that likes or dislikes even need to be there. I'd personally hide them. Your demographics are kids, parents (if they're doing their job as a parent) will pre-watch the video to make sure the video is suitable for their children, and outside of that, I don't see any need for any other interactivity. so I'd consider simply hiding the likes and dislikes. The likes and dislikes for your type of channel really mean nothing and won't contribute to the watching experience. Just keep focusing on your content and production value and you'll be fine :)

OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the feedback @Beanie Draws
I'll be honest about the bike scene, I went that long because of the minutes needed for monetization. Appreciate the comment on production value being high enough. I'll look into hiding Likes.. is that easy to do or find in YouTube settings?

Thanks again for the response and its good knowing that dislikes don't really hurt a video within YouTube.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the feedback @Beanie Draws
I'll be honest about the bike scene, I went that long because of the minutes needed for monetization. Appreciate the comment on production value being high enough. I'll look into hiding Likes.. is that easy to do or find in YouTube settings?

Thanks again for the response and its good knowing that dislikes don't really hurt a video within YouTube.

In terms of minutes needed for monetization, I wouldn't worry about that. extending scenes making them longer than they need to be will actually HARM your potential minutes as people might stop watching due to boredom if a scene is longer than it needs to be.

As for hiding likes, that's a good question, I don't think you can do it channel based. It looks like you need to turn them off individually on a per level basis in the advanced settings.

Screenshot (1502)_LI.jpg

I'm not sure if "Ratings" refers to likes, @Ikerot or @Andrew can confirm this one for me. but I assume "Ratings" is actually likes, rather than the age rating.