• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Networks Getting on YouTube Kids

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I'm a kid channel, just started in April 2020.
Does anyone know how do I get my content to transfer over to the YouTube kids app?

Is it longevity and the number of videos to be considered or is it for channels that are only monetized?

Reactions: Prajagading

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
From what I have read it seems that there is no program you join or a specific site to upload. You basically create content for children that obviously qualifies as children's content and just keep uploading until YouTube decides to add your channel to their app. The most important thing seems to be to ensure that the content is 100% kids friendly. That even the slightest bit that seems not kid friendly will automatically disqualify the channel.

Of course, this is simply based on information I read online from different sources and in no way stated by YouTube or Google.

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for that! I heard there is some sort of program or certificate you should get that authenticates your channel as kid friendly. As of yet, I am still looking for this solution. Thanks for the info though!

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
From what I have read it seems that there is no program you join or a specific site to upload. You basically create content for children that obviously qualifies as children's content and just keep uploading until YouTube decides to add your channel to their app. The most important thing seems to be to ensure that the content is 100% kids friendly. That even the slightest bit that seems not kid friendly will automatically disqualify the channel.

Of course, this is simply based on information I read online from different sources and in no way stated by YouTube or Google.
Also, goto your defualt uploads and make sure you checkout kids friendly content.... This way if you forget it always uploads that way

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for that! I heard there is some sort of program or certificate you should get that authenticates your channel as kid friendly. As of yet, I am still looking for this solution. Thanks for the info though!
I believe it's automatic, or it WAS automatic a few years ago. Now with FTC regulations, if you're a kids channel, you MUST mark your entire channel as "made for kids" I believe this will help push your videos into the YouTube kids app. I'm not totally sure though, I just assume that's how it works.

OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yup, marked it in my default that this is a kid's channel and all videos are uploaded with that condition checked. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yup, marked it in my default that this is a kid's channel and all videos are uploaded with that condition checked. Thanks for the reply.
Awesome, happy you did that. Now dont forget that area is great as you can set a bunch of deafult like the subscribe on bottom right running the whole time to try and grab subs. Thanks for writing back :)

OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
When I add that branding or subscribe button to the video it doesn't show up on my video. I think its because I am a kids channel.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.13.07 AM.png

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's a finicky (buggy) experience for me too to implement. I had to try a few times until I got it right.

I saved then went back to check and didn't see it work either. Then I tried to use another image and save. Went back out and then put the initial again, hit save and it worked. Try until you see it works.

Here are the ones I used, maybe you will have better luck. :)

Attachments

• fcfa1dd8ca90c06addb5797b409ac0bd_youtube-subscribe-clipart_2083-754.png
    fcfa1dd8ca90c06addb5797b409ac0bd_youtube-subscribe-clipart_2083-754.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Red-Logo-Transparent-Subscribe.png
    Red-Logo-Transparent-Subscribe.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 139
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
It's a finicky (buggy) experience for me too to implement. I had to try a few times until I got it right.

I saved then went back to check and didn't see it work either. Then I tried to use another image and save. Went back out and then put the initial again, hit save and it worked. Try until you see it works.

Here are the ones I used, maybe you will have better luck. :)

Thanks! Truly appreciate the help.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters