• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review The Happy Kid Show

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
User name: TheHappyKidShow
Title of thread: The Happy Kid Show
Self review: I think the bright colors and silly titles in the video would be alluring enough for kids (but especially for parents). My bumper at the beginning and end of the videos seem good to me. I feel my actors are not annoying and my editing technique should hold audience retention. I feel my music selection and sound editing is decent.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-aBzVacR2Oo27kriwZDi9Q
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/30205/

• Love
Reactions: Zita

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personally , I like it a lot. I like the Banner and the short good Intro. The channel does reflect "happiness" by its look. All the Best.

• Love
Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks! Appreciate the review. I've been using TubeBuddy to use better keywords in my tags and title, but I guess I should be patient on results I had set for myself. Thanks again on the channel review.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Your channel is off to a great start. Graphically it looks professionally done, to the point where I'm unsure if you've hired a designer, or if you're just naturally skilled and understanding in design. I would say that the banner doesn't tell me much. "the happy kid show" is presented well, looks good, is straight to the point, but I see no value proposition for parents. Your banner should also say WHY someone should watch, what's the value proposition? When do videos come out? What's the channel the story of? It's still incredibly vague, but visually presented well.

The other thing to think about is the future. What do you plan on doing with the channel when these kids grow up and decide they don't want to be in videos anymore? THAT will be a very important fact to keep in mind in the future. There's a channel called "What's inside" that used to be about a father and his younger son and they'd open up varying items to see "what's inside" and as the son grew up, he was in less and less of the videos, so a portion of the original proposition (a father and son channel) had to take a strong turn as the son was less and less interested in being in the channel anymore. The father was fine with that, and was able to take the channel in a direction to allow for that change and respected his son's wishes to not be in as many of the videos... heck, we all change out interests as we grow up.

So that's going to be something to keep in mind. I've noticed not many kids channels take that into account. And also be very mindful of "success" as the bigger the channel gets, I personally think "views" and "likes" should be the least of your concerns. The ONLY thing (And this is just personal opinion) you should care about, is the presentation of the channel (which is already great) and making sure that the kids involved are having fun making the videos. It's about what THEY want, not what you want out of the channel. If THEY want the views and attention, that's fantastic, but if they DON'T care about the views and attention, keep that in mind as well. Children's entertainment when using children as the talent is an ever evolving subject which is subject to even more change in the future.

I'd also be keeping in mind release forms and permission slips, because maybe one day they won't want to appear on the channel anymore, and that will be their right to decide.

The point of a channel like that is obviously to have fun, but as a parent, you need to be mindful of the business and legalities when it's not YOU on screen.

OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Good point @Beanie Draws
Yes, I'm a graphic designer... and much like a lot of people work has sent me home. I'm in between gigs as they say... but the reason for this channel is many... one of them being for my parents and in-laws to see their grandkids (social distancing and all). Out first video was an Easter egg hunt we did and hence the channel was born.

There are so many kids channels, and I really wanted my kids to be creative rather than just watch these other kids run around the house and get filmed playing with toys. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I feel imagination is important and should be fostered.

In regards to the longevity of this, I don't see myself filming these kids as teenagers. We're all having fun, and at the end of the day the greatest joy for me is watching their eyes light up and offering new stories to film.

Thanks again for the feedback! BTW: I love your channel and I am a fan of speed drawing. Thanks and you got a sub out of me.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
No problems :) that's great to hear! I just wanted to bring those points up because people don't often consider those points, but it is great to use the time at home for creativity :) and the results I've seen so far visually are fantastic :) regardless of where the channel ends up going, you're going to have some fantastic memories to look back on :)
And I appreciate the compliments as well :) All the best! :D

• Love

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
Aww ...your kids are adorable :heart_eyes:, they are natural talents on the camera. Oh... and I love your animation intro (me want:)) . I watched your painting video, what I miss a bit is b-rolls, a long scene is ok but it would be more attractive for the kids if you insert their exposed face expressions, or cartoony claps sounds, Donald duck laughs, princes memes, sponge bobΓÇÖs 4 hours later, etc...the gimmicky-er the better. Your channel is awesome as it is now, but youΓÇÖre so creative so I guess there are tons of rooms for improvements. Well done and good luck.

• Love
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thank you! That's very kind of you to say. Yes agree.. facial expressions would have helped break it up. Truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing your next adventure.